Which Missions are working with v.1.71.1?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander Mysenses
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Devon, a backward little planet scourged by evil weather

Which Missions are working with v.1.71.1?

Post by Commander Mysenses »

Firstly many thanks to LittleBear (Random Hits) and Svengali (Local Hero) for working so quickly to get their missions compatable with v.1.71.1.

Now, I would like to know how other mission OXPs stand in relation to the new version of oolite, so that I may eventually uninstall my old copy of v.1.70.

Missions I have installed (cruising about G2 under v.1.71.1 ATM);
Local Hero
Random Hits
Ionics
Thargoid Wars
Military Fiasco
Black Monks
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Which Missions are working with v.1.71.1?

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander Mysenses wrote:
Now, I would like to know how other mission OXPs stand in relation to the new version of oolite, so that I may eventually uninstall my old copy of v.1.70.
I sort of adopted Military Fiasco oxp. In 1.70 ship-scripts were not working properly so I could use only limited commands that were working. When reworking for JS I had some modifications in mind for 1.71. Sometime I will add them to the ship scripts. For now it will work well on 1.71. Recently the mission re-started a second time with me and works fine with 1.71

Military Fiasco will only generate an error in the log when the pirate leviathan is added. But for playing this error will be no problem so re-uploading for this minor error alone is no option.

Currently my main priority is a new 1.71 only oxp (With Svengali as co-writer.) Still a secret project but it has to do with the recent shortage of system buoy's. Oolite 1.71 needs more buoys than previous versions. Specially N-bouys start to get rare under 1.71.
Second priority is play-testing UPS with the new 1.71 functions.
matt634
Deadly
Deadly

Post by matt634 »

Galactic Navy is still fully operational under 1.71
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

1.71 seems pretty much backward compatable as far as legacy scripts are concerned. All the Mission OXPs on the Wiki page should work with 1.71. Its only the more recent ones where Java script is used that could be problamatic.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.