<key>equivalent_tech_level</key> ???

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

<key>equivalent_tech_level</key> ???

Post by Lestradae »

Hm, I have run into a problem that might have to do with me being blind again :? (which is entirely possible) or something does not work as intended with "hasShipyard" and "equivalent_tech_level" in combination.

EDIT: Ahem, found this:

http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?func= ... up_id=3577

Has this actually ever been resolved? I mean, it says so, but this is exactly my problem. If not ... that could also be the culprit :idea:

I am experimenting with something that is not much more than a (very) slightly edited version of the original SIRFYard oxp (yet).

After inserting the following into its shipdata.plist:

Code: Select all

<key>name</key> 
                <string>Special Interstellar Repairs & Shipyard Facility</string> 
                <key>hasShipyard</key> 
                <true/> 
                <key>equipment_price_factor</key> 
                <real>1.1</real> 
                <key>equivalent_tech_level</key> 
                <integer>3</integer>

... I made a testflight. Started up Oolite, pressed the SHIFT key, loaded a savegame in a TL 15 system.

A look into the equipment store of the main station, all the TL 15 equipment there. Another look into the main station shipyard, exactly the kind of ships there that the Realistic Shipyards place into such a TL.

I get out the station. There it is, the Special Interstellar Repairs & Shipyard Facility. OK, I dock, have a look at the equipment shop again. Interesting: Only Pulse Laser, Plasma Cannon etc., all costs 10% more. So only TL 4 equipment there as testwise intended.

But then I have a look into the shipyard. It contains exactly the same ships as the main station shipyard, not the TL 4 ones. :shock:

Strange. I compared with Random Hits oxp`s solution to this which has also shipyards enabled in the Space Bars. It was done there the same way I did it.

Someone any wiser than me? Did I use some wrong sequence or whatever? Or is some command in the core game not working as intended? I did read through the whole shipdata.plist how-to entry on the wiki but was none the wiser. Is this working in Random Hits?

Help :?:

L
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

I suggest you try again in a couple of days’ time. ;-)
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

!

Post by Lestradae »

Hi!
I suggest you try again in a couple of days’ time. ;-)
1. You are alive! :D Welcome back :P

2. Two days ... could it be *puts tear away before seen* ... 1.71? :shock:

3. Thanks for your reply - valuable information, as my OXP needs updating for the next version due to the change in TL attribution for shipyards. 8)

Keep up the really good work! :D

L