consoleMessage3s in script_actions

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

consoleMessage3s in script_actions

Post by Eric Walch »

consoleMessage3s and commsMessage don't work anymore in the script_actions of cargopods scooped by the player.

In my mining mission I always got the message scooped xx kilo gold. I noticed this message disappeared with version 1.70. In the next line gold is awarded. This part is still working so the code gets executed.

I also tries commsMessage with the same result. Now I also realized that the cute messages from AH's CargoWreck were gone.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

I think this falls under the reports Ahruman required here.

So, Ahruman, please note.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Test case, please.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Ahruman wrote:
Test case, please.
The latest version of AH's CargoWreckTeaser does not show the messages. And also the splinter created with the shipdata below does not show the console or the comms message. The gold is awarded though. The splinter is selected by the system when I or a NPC miner shoots a boulder.

Code: Select all

<key>ups-splinter1</key>
	<dict>
		<key>cargo_type</key>
		<string>CARGO_SCRIPTED_ITEM</string>
		<key>conditions</key>
		<array>
			<string>mission_ups_docs equal ASTEROID</string>
		</array>
		<key>like_ship</key>
		<string>splinter</string>
		<key>roles</key>
		<string>splinter(0.25)</string>
		<key>script_actions</key>
		<array>
			<string>set: local_ups_credits [credits_number]</string>
			<string>awardCredits: 1</string>
			<string>consoleMessage3s: [local_ups_credits] Credits</string>			<string>subtract: local_ups_credits [credits_number]</string>
			<dict>
				<key>conditions</key>
				<array>
					<string>local_ups_credits lessthan 0</string>
				</array>
				<key>do</key>
				<array>
					<string>awardCredits: -1</string>
					<string>set: mission_ups_difference [ups_random10]</string>
					<string>awardCargo: [mission_ups_difference] Gold</string>
					<string>consoleMessage3s: [mission_ups_difference] kilo Gold</string>
					<string>comssMessage: [mission_ups_difference] kilo Gold</string>
					<string>decrement: mission_ups_asteroid_count</string>
				</array>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
EDIT: I have to corect myself. The whole code is not executed. So the gold is also not awarded. The added gold was due to Oreprocessor that was also installed. I removed that item and gave my splinters a unique name. The splinters were spawn, but no message and no gold. The problem is not the message but the code not running as under 1.69.

EDIT2: I have added a "consoleMessage3s: [local_ups_credits] Credits" line to the script and now it is printing the text "local_ups_credits Credits" as message on the screen. Meaning that the local variable is not working anymore in the scripting.

EDIT3: Verified: replacing local_variable by mission_variable solves the problem. local_variable in script actions is broken with 1.70, workek in 1.69.
(In normal console messages it was broken in 1.69 but that is fixed in 1.70)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Eric Walch wrote:
EDIT2: I have added a "consoleMessage3s: [local_ups_credits] Credits" line to the script and now it is printing the text "local_ups_credits Credits" as message on the screen. Meaning that the local variable is not working anymore in the scripting.

EDIT3: Verified: replacing local_variable by mission_variable solves the problem. local_variable in script actions is broken with 1.70, workek in 1.69.
(In normal console messages it was broken in 1.69 but that is fixed in 1.70)
I had an issue with local_variables in 1.69.1.1 (reported here). They could not store integers (or numerical values anyway?). However they could store text-strings. Don't know whether this is resolved in 1.70, as I haven't yet really used it.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

I had an issue with local_variables in 1.69.1.1 (reported here). They could not store integers (or numerical values anyway?). However they could store text-strings. Don't know whether this is resolved in 1.70, as I haven't yet really used it.
The earlier submitted bug with local variables is solved. But on the place they now give problems they have always functioned. (Above script worked under 1.65/1.69).