Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Extra Fuel Tank doesn't work anymore with 1.70

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

julyy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Extra Fuel Tank doesn't work anymore with 1.70

Post by julyy »

I can buy them but when I use them they give me no fuel.

Another: Advanced navigational array press (!) doesn't work here.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

For Advanced Navigational Array: The key was changed to '^' (Shift + 6) some time ago (already documented on the wiki). When I get some free time, I will try to give a test to the fuel tank oxp, too.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

julyy wrote:
I can buy them but when I use them they give me no fuel.
This oxp uses the command "awardFuel". This command was changed in function, but in this case the target is set proper to the player and it should still work. I tested with fueltank 2.0. It does not work and I can not see a scriptbug.

But as a quick fix one can replace the "awardFuel" in the AI file by "addFuel". The last can only be used in AI scripting, but this is here the case. This will work as I tested.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Had a look at this. The target in the AI is correctly set to player, but the actual script target remains the fuel tank itself. I think I have a fix that works, but I would like to test a little more and get Ahruman's OK that this fix does not break a million other things before I check it in.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Your guess is probably good as mine, buy what the hey. Shoot.
julyy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by julyy »

The navi.array button ^ doesn't work too! So I switched it in the config.plist to "&" (because this is on _german_ keyboards shift 6) - but no result it still doesn't work.

To exchange "awardfuel" to "addfuel", as mentioned above, doesn't solve anything here, sorry.

:/
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Try changing the NavArray key to something that is common on all keyboards, maybe like Shift+N. Also - and apologies in advance for stating the obvious, but sometime it is easier to miss the obvious than the fine details - you have purchased the NavArray from the shipyard, right?
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

julyy wrote:
To exchange "awardfuel" to "addfuel", as mentioned above, doesn't solve anything here, sorry.
It is working, I double checked today. Maybe a typo as it must be "addFuel". Or is is because you have to press the shift key during Oolite startup to load the changes in a OXP. I had the same problem at first. Starting with 1.70 you need to press this key. (On 1.69 it was only necessary for some of us)
another_commander wrote:
Had a look at this. The target in the AI is correctly set to player, but the actual script target remains the fuel tank itself

I don't think so. The fact that it works with addFuel means that targeting on the player is OK.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Eric Walch wrote:
I don't think so. The fact that it works with addFuel means that targeting on the player is OK.
Yes, targetting on the player is OK for the ship entity AI methods and this is why addFuel works, but the actual script target was being set to the fuel tank. At least, this is what the debug control messages from the game were telling me. Anyway, the fix is now in, so hopefully it will be OK for v1.70.1.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Eric Walch wrote:
another_commander wrote:
Had a look at this. The target in the AI is correctly set to player, but the actual script target remains the fuel tank itself

The script target is not used by addFuel:.

Anyway, with another_commander’s change, it works for me in the development build.
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

I've tried using addFuel instead of awardFuel and that still seems to work OK in 1.65. I'll update the OXP link on the wiki.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE