My God, it's full of stars. (1.69.1)

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

My God, it's full of stars. (1.69.1)

Post by Hoopy »

I was docking at rock hermit when i noticed that the inside of the docking bay wasn't there - it was just stars. I've got a screen shot and the stderr log - looks like it couldn't draw things in the right order.

Is this a known bug or shall i mail it to the bug address i saw mentioned somewhere?

snippet of stderr:
[rendering.opengl.error]: OpenGL error: "invalid enumerant" (1280), context: Universe before doing anything
[unclassified.MyOpenGLView]: Creating a new surface of 1600 x 1200
[rendering.opengl.error]: OpenGL error: "invalid enumerant" (1280), context: Universe before doing anything
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Welcome to the boards. I had a similar bug on 1.65 whilst developing an OXP and at first assumed I'd messed somthing up, but it happened even with the OXP removed and only to one save game. I've never managed to repeat it. I rather liked it as it didn't effect game-play as hitting any of the F keys cleared the rear view out of the docking port. Threads here:-

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... ocking+bug
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Hoopy wrote:
I was docking at rock hermit when i noticed that the inside of the docking bay wasn't there - it was just stars. I've got a screen shot and the stderr log - looks like it couldn't draw things in the right order.
I don't think it need to be a bug. In 1.65 you could shoot out the back of the dockingport and then you could see throug. In your case it probably was a ship that smashed the port into pieces.

If it is a fault than it is in the design ot the rock hermit and not in the game engine.
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

ok that makes sense. pirate coves meant that it was a bit hectic round there...
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Hoopy wrote:
ok that makes sense. pirate coves meant that it was a bit hectic round there...
Yes, I have great fun testing my accuracy, by shooting out the dock, hermit quarters and the struts before going full auto on the pirate cove :twisted:.

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!