Just for fun, what's your Commander's persona?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Not really a fully developed personality, but if you want you can read some stuff here in the wiki. Have fun! :wink:
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

Ever since his early days as a grub he has been obsessed with the pletora of classic Python designs.
A running joke is that he's the first Lavian tree grub to evolve sentience just so he could stalk the loverly Pythons on their exciting errands.

In reality the source of this obsession is a mystery to even the Queen, fortunately she can afford to let the occasional drone behave like an individual.
Skilled in topics ranging from molecular biology to ecoforming Arexack is usually working projects for various entities. This fuels Arexacks' sence of being a genius, however unbeknownst to him the Queen has been pulling strings to get governments to employ him and even financing his hairbrained hobby projects. He is however fairly succesfull in many of his projects.

Arexack changes vessel fairly often, probably to avoid the fines for drunkenly docking, however recurring shiptypes are the trusty Python and the Racing Adder.

Fined for attempting trade with Thargoids.
This sceme came to light when the Escapedop insurance agency started a fraud investigation following a string of Arexack-poddings.

Suspected of dealing with the notorious Captain Hesperus.
Hesperus has repeatedly claimed to potential customers thathis trumbles were 'neutered' by the reputable 'Arexian Geneticist'.
Arexack however repeatedly denied any dealings with the tom and has filed a complaint of slander and reputation enfringement to any media that refers to him and H in the same sentence.
Salient point of detail (and sircumstantial evidence?) is that A is currently consumed by a trumble collecting obsession, conveniently guised as
'reconstructing a trumble-based ecology' inside one of his hidden asteroid labs. The stated goal of this project is evidently to establish zero-growth parameters for trumble propagation.
"The native environment must have been either teeming with natural predators, leading to rapid trumble-over, or a small planetoid(s) engulfed in a powerfull particle stream.", the scientist has been heard mention at conventions, "...that, or maybe tey evolved on asteroids...or...". Clearly even this selfproclaimed expert is at a loss.

Further circumstantial evidence regarding association with the rogue C.H. is the deplorable docking style. Usually without slowing down, lining up at the buoy and often even engaging fuel injectors, Arexack feels fit to employ docking maneuvres more fit to a Boyracer while piloting a fully laden Python.
This practice can be traced back to Lave, Arexack and Hesperus both graduated docking procedures in the same year, the test was executed by a quite beligerent flight instructor. This Instructor has since been executed by Lave traffic police for falling asleep while docking, (repeatedly...every one knows how forgiving Lave TP is) blocking the bay with his ship.

The qualification 'heretic' refers to his anti-social behaviour, as percieved by his racial piers. So though exciled for creating too much strife in the hive, his mum still keeps a composite eye on her wayward child.
In Gal Coop terms however A_H keeps a fairly low profile, for a rogue genius scientist. ;)

Did I mention A_H is of insectoid stock? He is, a green furry insect. Actually the fur colour depends on his mood and available hair-dyes,
purple and yellow are also favoured.
Arexackis are what ants would have looked like, should they have evolved from social bumblebees instead of wasps and continued to evolve intelligence, opposable manipulator digits and learned tool use.

Favoured beverage:
Traditional fermented beverages when in friendly persona, distilled liquors when belligerent.

Or maybe I'm a furry rodent, who likes pretending to be a bumblebee.
I claim genius, not sanity!

"Broiled brains are the best thing since sliced larvae"
Riding the Rocket!
Capt. James Maladorn
Average
Average

Capt. James Maladorn

Post by Capt. James Maladorn »

I got into an Oolite kick over a year ago and had some fun with it. I probably took some liberties with how the universe "actually" runs and some of the naming, but it was fun to write none the less.

Due to my newness on the forum, the link is not in BBCode. Replace each '*' with a '.'. s93766105*onlinehome*us/xray/VC_Corp*txt

Disregard the grammar errors. I'll proof-read it eventually.
:wink:

Made URL clickable. Also disabling URL posting restriction since spam accounts are almost completely stopped now. — Ahruman[/url]
"Always Vigilant"
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Hi, Capt. James Maladorn, and welcome to the boards and of course to this great game! :D

It's always nice to have new people here who contribute their skills to the community! I'll certainly have a read!

Welcome again! :D
Capt. James Maladorn
Average
Average

Post by Capt. James Maladorn »

Thanks! And thank you Ahruman!
"Always Vigilant"
julyy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by julyy »

Commander julyy lost his stripes on his first mission against thargoids. He destroyed a friendly craft, cause he needed one single alloy to make his cargo hulls full. Since then he never returned to regular life and you will find him near a pirate cove if you search for him. But ... don't search for him.