sound glitches

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

sound glitches

Post by nijineko »

as i continue to play oolite, it has recently developed sound glitches in addition to crashing. i will get this horrible screech sound for a sec. like it tried to access the speakers or something, but failed. sometimes it will kill my volume as well.

i tried turning on itunes sync, and it would stop itunes from playing every time it happened. stop as in the play button was pressed. i had to press the play button again and the music would continue where it had left off, but it was still screeching. no i don't have the special oolite playlists made. i was just playing around to see what would/would not affect it.

the screech is loud enough to hurt ones ears, which is not normally possible to get enough volume out of laptop speakers for that. perhaps some kind of feedback?
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

It’s possible that Oolite is feeding junk to Core Audio. Personally I get that particular symptom from time to time when I’m not playing Oolite. :-/
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

do you need more crash reports? cause i have them. it's crashing repeatedly at frequencies from once every 2-3 minutes, to once every couple of hours or so.

and now that you mention it, it does crash in the middle of heightened combat, especially with lots of ships. it also crashes a lot right when it's supposed to load the witchspace jump-rings animation. it always seems to crash when it is trying to load or calculate something, at a guess. ^^
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

More crash reports are always good. If worst comes to worst, I can throw away the excess. :-)