Missing Station

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Jack_H
Dangerous
Dangerous

Missing Station

Post by Jack_H »

Tionisla no longer has a coriolis station!

I installed 1.68 (fresh install, removed 1.65 first..on the pc) and got the procedural textures running (whenever i hit the planet info screen, it takes live 5 seconds to load!)

anyway got to tionisla, headed for the planet, the station coordinates uploaded and my advanced compass went dead. i scrolled through planet, sun, NP, WP, etc, and where the station should be, i get no compass bearing at all. found my nav bouy and found a dreder and a sidewinder sittinga round it, waiting for a non existent station.

Wassup with thaT?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Is it like that every time?

I'd say this is a feature rather than a bug, but if something really big (like a Dredger) tries to dock it's too big to fit in the docking port and the massive energy of the prang sends the station whizzing off into deep space! :shock:

It rarely happens and if this was the bug / feature you hit then the Station will be back in its usual place if you jump out of the System and jump back.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Can a Dredger try to dock? I never saw one actually move. However they seem to be spawned somewhere in the Aegis. So if it was too close to the station there could have been a collision.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Seen one launch once (looking pretty weird as it was too big for the dock), haven't actually seen on try to dock though. Saw an Ixian Battle Cruiser try to dock once and send the station whizzing off. Think any ship that is given a standard role like "trader" will try to dock if it makes to near the station, even if its too big, as it follows one of the traderAIs.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

The Dredger is quite a strange ship. A look into the shipdata reveals that it can move, however slowly.

Code: Select all

<key>max_flight_pitch</key>
	<real>0.1</real>
	<key>max_flight_roll</key>
	<real>0.1</real>
	<key>max_flight_speed</key>
	<real>100</real>
	<key>thrust</key>
	<real>20</real>
But I don't think its AI would allow it to dock:

<key>ai_type</key>
	<string>stationAI.plist</string>
The roles are not exciting, "dredger" and "carrier". The last funny bit is its scan class:

<key>scanClass</key>
	<string>CLASS_STATION</string>
So perhaps it was indeed launched and kicked the station away or blew it up in the process?

On the other hand side its script.plist supports the collided-with-the-station-when-spawned hypotheses:

{ 
 dredger_appearance = (
        {
            conditions = (
                "status_string equal STATUS_EXITING_WITCHSPACE", 
                "systemTechLevel_number greaterthan 10",
		"d100_number lessthan 10"
            ); 
            do = (
                "checkForShips: dredger", 
                {
                    conditions = ("shipsFound_number equal 0"); 
                    do = ("addSystemShips: dredger 1 1.0"); 
                }
            ); 
        },  
    );
}
This means it could be spawned very close to the station.
Jack_H
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Jack_H »

Funnily enough, i used all my fuel injecting toward where the station should have been, so I didn't have the fuel to hyper jump anywhere else.

then i thought 'hey ill dock in the dredger'

but then when i flew into the docking bay of the dredger, i just flew straight through it!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

I had something similar sometimes. The docking sequence would start only after I had flewn through the back wall of the dredger's docking port. But then it would start. Just try again perhaps.

Or: If you have the Tionisla Orbital Graveyard installed dock at the graveyard station instead.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

As a last resort you could sunskim for fuel. If you couldn't find a way to another system, I presume you went back to your most recent saved game. It would be interesting (but unlikely) if it replicated itself!
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"