Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Stealth Ship

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

I've got a vague memory of meeting a ship that didn't appear on the scanner in the C64 version of Elite, in fact mocbo started a thread about it here https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... ght=cougar , i hope that link works, if not search the forum for cougar and it's in the thread titled 'mysterious ship in elite', the image in it matches your image Frame
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

Griff wrote:
I've got a vague memory of meeting a ship that didn't appear on the scanner in the C64 version of Elite, in fact mocbo started a thread about it here https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... ght=cougar , i hope that link works, if not search the forum for cougar and it's in the thread titled 'mysterious ship in elite', the image in it matches your image Frame
links works, thank you all, the cougar it is then, allthough my memory of it is somewhat different from the pics in that other link...

allthough the sidewinder like main hull, makes more sense than the adder hull i put in :-)

The cougar it is then...

phew i thought i was pretty alone with my discovery of this, and i sure dont recall getting a cloaking device...
seaside
Average
Average

Post by seaside »

Commander McLane wrote:
Nice guesses of all you guys, but please: Frame isn't talking about Oolite at all! He's recalling something he has seen on his C64 some 20-odd years ago.

Perhaps I recall a ship like this as well. But I'm not sure whether reading this thread probalbly has induced a "false memory".

Perhaps it was an easter egg in one (ore more?) Elite-versions.

So the question should be: Does anybody recall a similar encounter from any previous Elite-version? We are not talking about Oolite here!

i played elete till my brain hurt i came across a stealth ship it was a mission it released a cloaking device you had to look out for gap in the stars took ages to find it
all aboard--- hold on tight
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Sounds like the cloaking device mission, the ship in that is an Asp.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"