Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

The Assassins Guild OXP - Beta

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Danman
Average
Average

Post by Danman »

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay then. Haha your right, these games ARE older than me lol! :D . Anyways cant wait to see it all finished and such. And please pleeeease add in a mission where u have to kill some high ranking GalCop executive pleeease! Ever since i was docking and pressed a instead of w by accident they have been buggin me! :evil:
Im a noob at modding... But I'm getting there!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Already done! The Guild don't want nosey cops invistagating their activities. An investigative journalist meets an "accident" involving a deadly goat. Sombody now needs to put a stop to the GalCop investigation. The B7 version on Oosat features 15 fully done missions. The final version (should be out the end of this month) has 19. However I reckon it would take about 50 hours play to get to mission 15, so you can play the B7 version and replace it with V1 when its done.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

TGHC wrote:
LittleBear wrote:
<wanders off to watch recordings of "Grumpy Old Men >
I heard you applied to star in this show, but they said you were too old... :cry:

Captain Hesperus
"If God flooded the world and killed everyone except Noah and his family, how did you survive?"
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

I just moved everything across to my Linux partition, including Assassins, which I've just started. Entered target system for my first kill and all my controls were gone - literally. None of my keys responded, and HUD was heavily reduced. I was hurtling forward at full speed with no way to slow or change direction.

I haven't tried it in Windows yet but will report back if I have the same problem.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Sounds like a case sensitive problem with the names of the new planets. Thought I'd fixed it though. If you open planetinfo and do a search and replace .png with .PNG that should fix it.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

Frayed knot - searching for .png returns "phrase not found"
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Hmm. Really not sure then. I know the OXP is OK on the Mac and Windows as people have completed it on these systems. Some Unix players had problems with the case sensitivity bug, but both have now played to to completion. Puzzelled! Try it on windows and see what happens.
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

It works fine in Windows, but I still have the problem in Ubuntu. When I head for the system, there are no witchspace rings and I seem to arrive in an empty system with no shields or controls at all.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Thats odd as Ubuntu isn't a system changed by Assassins. :?

Could be another OXP is doing somthing to this system. Freezing like this generally indicates that a planet texture Oolite doesn't like is added. When developing, if I'd miss-spelt a texture name in planetinfo Oolite would freeze like this (as it was trying to find a texture to put on a planet that wasn't there). As I haven't messed with this system though I think its probabley not an Assassins bug.
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

LittleBear wrote:
Thats odd as Ubuntu isn't a system changed by Assassins. :?
:lol: I think he's refer to the type of Linux he's running LB, not a star system.
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

:lol: Sounded like an Oolite Planet Name!

I think then it is a problem with the planet texture from Assassins, but I really don't know why this OS hates it but Mac, Windows and Unix were fine with it. Sorry.
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

Hmm. Does that mean I can lose a folder or something from the OXP to get it working in Linux, albeit with bland planets?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Yeah. If you go to Config and delete the file planetinfo.plist, this should do it. The missions will still be playable, but as you know from the first briefing, the planets (sometimes) give you a clue to where to find your mark. As a first step, could you do this:- Just delete this line of code from planetinfo:-

"6 73" = {
"sky_blur_alpha" = "0.85";
"sky_blur_cluster_chance" = "0.60";
"sky_blur_scale" = "20";

"script_actions" = (
debugOn, "addMoon: new_planetA",
debugOff
);
This'll take out the planet that is causing a problem. It may just be this particular text. that crashes. If once you've killed the feeble rodent and you get a crash when you go to the system your told to go to on completing this hit, then it may be all the textures that are a problem.
Captain Hesperus

Post by Captain Hesperus »

LittleBear wrote:
:lol: Sounded like an Oolite Planet Name!
Name: Ubuntu
Government: Corporate State
Economy: Average Industrial
Tech Level: 11
Comments: The planet Ubuntu is famous for it's edible computer programmers and it's inhabitants inability to play the Universe's favourite computer game, Oolite.

:lol:

Captain Hesperus
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

<laughs darkly>

The Balrog works.

The Text Adventure Game is working.

Hyperspace Dampening fields work.

Final version with the Civil War Missions rewirten (now 20 Missions) should be out by the end of the month!