Quarantine Systems

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Quarantine Systems

Post by Cholmondely »

Where do they come from? What do they do?

I've only encountered them being declared by GNN news flashes. I have no idea whether they are generated by GNN or by another OXP publishing them on GNN. Or if these newsworthy systems "do" anything (I never got to one in time!).

I see from Mr Flibble's/Bogatyr's posts that they also feature in GalCop Missions missions.

Are they also introduced by the Vanilla game code (I presume not)?

Or by other OXPs?

(I think that I came across a reference to one in the Assassins Guild.)

I likewise presume that there is no interaction with either the Medicine commodity introduced by SWEconomy or the equivalents in New Cargoes (Narcotics sub-varieties: Anti-nausea medication: Medication used to suppress nausea. Due to the ease with which it can be processed into illegal hallucinogens, an export license is required; Healing waters: The regenerative properties of the waters of some planets are not fully understood. As a precuation, Galcop has placed them under export bans, to avoid ecosystem contamination. There are, however, plenty of systems desperate enough to wish to circumvent this; Vaccines: A variety of anti-plague medicines. Transport of vaccines requires special permits to ensure that they reach the right destination.)
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: Quarantine Systems

Post by phkb »

Quarantine systems are an OXP feature, definitely not in the core game.
Yes, GalCop missions implements quarantine systems, and will stop you jumping to them. There is a way around this quarantining, though.
DavidG
Competent
Competent

Post by DavidG »

Ok I’m stumped… can someone PM me how to get to a quarantine system? I’ve got urgent thargoid plans to deliver!
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

DavidG wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:40 pm
Ok I’m stumped… can someone PM me how to get to a quarantine system? I’ve got urgent thargoid plans to deliver!
<presumption>
Set a different system in the same direction as your destination, mis-jump into interstellar space, set the quarantine system as your destination, jump again.
</presumption>
I thought the grey swan symbol was good, but when he said the new country's flag should be printed on "holographic" fabric, I began to doubt.
DavidG
Competent
Competent

Post by DavidG »

This worked, but only cos I managed to scoop extra fuel. The quarantine system was 6.8LY so my misjump didn’t leave me enough fuel!
As it happens, there was also a sothis station in interstellar space. Is that normal?
Cheers though, finally made it to aqualina..!