Kill count not increasing

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Re: Kill count not increasing

Post by hiran »

So the OXP works as designed.

But then I'd like to challenge the design.

The kill count should react immediately. If bounties are paid in the Galcop office so be it. But having shot the wrong ship I would simply not go to Galcop and live on happily without ever getting a bad rating. A free life for pirates!
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

hiran wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:28 pm

The kill count should react immediately. If bounties are paid in the Galcop office so be it. But having shot the wrong ship I would simply not go to Galcop and live on happily without ever getting a bad rating. A free life for pirates!
But isn't it an option - changeable through Library.oxp - and the default is presumably that bounties are paid immediately and kills credited immediately - which has been my experience.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:16 pm
hiran wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:28 pm

But isn't it an option - changeable through Library.oxp - and the default is presumably that bounties are paid immediately and kills credited immediately - which has been my experience.
You must be right. Very likely I have the OXP in my set, and I never experienced such an issue.
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
RobsterLeal
Above Average
Above Average

Post by RobsterLeal »

I'm guessing the default is pay immediately - somehow in one of my many pokes around the settings I mistakenly set that to wait until visit Galcop....
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nite Owl »

Just took another look at the files. The Default option for the Bounty payments are deferred until collected from Sec Offices is true in the Library OXZ. You can go in under the Library F4 screen option and change it to false. Bounties and Kill Counts will then be collected as in the Vanilla Game. The alternative to this simple method is to do the Tweak thing and change the Default from true to false. Never have been one to leave well enough alone the Tweak is what was done within my copy.

Look for the bountysystem_core.js file in the Scripts folder of the Bounty System OXZ. Open it in a non traditional text editor such as Notepad++. Go to line 88 or there about to make the change. The following is what you are looking for and what you should change.

Code: Select all

B1: { 
		Name: "_deferredBounties.enabled", 
		Def: false, // TWEAK was - Def: true, <----- THIS IS THE VARIABLE TO CHANGE
		Desc: "Bounty payments deferred" 
		},
		Info: "0: When true, severity 1 bounties can be discovered up to 5 LY from point of origin. When false, severity 1 bounties are not
		transferable;\n" +
		"1: Bounty payments are deferred until collected from Sec Offices." 
	};
Either method works as well as the other. Most of you probably had a similar experience to mine and changed things shortly after the release. Once done you did not remember that this was even an option. As stated previously, it completely slipped my mind until a dive into the files was undertaken.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon