UPDATED OXPS: Lave 1.70 & transports 2.45(new)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: UPDATED OXPS: Lave 1.70 & transports 2.45(new)

Post by phkb »

The benefit of putting all the PF2.0 code into Famous Planets means there’s fewer issues with conflicts and one centralised place to do everything. On the flip side, any OXP that adds planets or moons will need separate code anyway. My feeling is, system-specific OXPs should probably be in control of any system-specific functions, like PF2.0 integration. FPO should really only touch systems that don’t have a specific OXP, or only touch them when the system specific OXP isn’t installed. So, probably a bit of both will end up being the the answer, with FPO ceding control when the system OXP is present.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

phkb wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:12 am
The benefit of putting all the PF2.0 code into Famous Planets means there’s fewer issues with conflicts and one centralised place to do everything. On the flip side, any OXP that adds planets or moons will need separate code anyway. My feeling is, system-specific OXPs should probably be in control of any system-specific functions, like PF2.0 integration. FPO should really only touch systems that don’t have a specific OXP, or only touch them when the system specific OXP isn’t installed. So, probably a bit of both will end up being the the answer, with FPO ceding control when the system OXP is present.
So bung the planetary locations into Famous Planets and bung the Bastan palace into Lave 2.0 ?

As an aside, Lave (Lore) claims: "Lave now has a total of six stations in orbit" (Selezen's wiki page based on Elite/Frontier).

I'm afraid that I posted Riredi before I saw your suggestion here.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:30 am
So bung the planetary locations into Famous Planets and bung the Bastan palace into Lave 2.0 ?

As an aside, Lave (Lore) claims: "Lave now has a total of six stations in orbit" (Selezen's wiki page based on Elite/Frontier).

I'm afraid that I posted Riredi before I saw your suggestion here.
I'm busily adding all the locations into the individual OXP's as we speak, mainly because I have control over those ones at the moment. FPO isn't something I'm looking to get involved in at the moment, but I can compile all the changes I'm making into a script that could be included in FDO so it hands control to the system OXP's nicely.