Military Fuel Injectors OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Eagle1
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: Military Fuel Injectors OXP

Post by Eagle1 »

Thanks very much Thargoid. Much appreciated.

Eagle
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

You're welcome. It's been on the cards for those two for a while - I was trying to iron out the effect using script (it's fairly easy to kill the backward velocity with the JS console, but for some reason doing the equivalent in script doesn't have the same effect) but I keep getting side-tracked by other matters. So it's quicker and easier all round to chop that aspect of them out.
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

OXP Standards 1.82 wrote:
Injectors and torus

Injector and torus speeds are no longer a fixed multiple of normal flight speed. player.ship.injectorsEngaged and player.ship.torusEngaged are recommended to detect enabling of these flight modes.
in Config/script.js , line 43

Code: Select all

if(player.ship.speed == 7 * player.ship.maxSpeed) // if the ship is under fuel injection (FI is speed x 7, torus is speed x 32)

OXPs : My user page

Retired, reachable at [email protected]
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Just to post this here
(taken from Hullblazer's 2015 "Military Injectors" thread)
cim wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:29 pm
Diziet Sma wrote:
Anonymissimus wrote:
You can see the fuel bar go up a little at times, watching carefully. (Of course you don't gain any fuel still.)
That's the only way it could simulate being slightly more fuel-efficient than regular injectors.. the handwavium is that unburnt fuel gets recovered and returned to the tanks.
Now that ship.injectorBurnRate and ship.injectorSpeedFactor are available it might be worth rewriting it. This OXP was one of the ones I had in mind when making various ship properties writable for 1.82
Our current version seems to be an OXZ'ed v.1.03 (November 2012).

This could now be updated by somebody understanding javascript to have real fuel efficiency sans handwavium - and also restore the original speed boost if desired (unsure what it actually was but see below).
Thargoid wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:12 pm
It does two things

1) When you are under injectors (ie at 7x your normal max speed) you get 0.1ly of fuel back every 8s. Basically that means that you do still consume fuel, but overall at a slower rate than normal (it's the best that can be done to emulate a lower consumption injector, or in this case a fuel reclaim system).

2) When you get the refuel, your velocity is also increased by x1.2 . This will slowly decay over time, hence the dependence on the ship you're flying (or at least on its stats).

This might also have implications for the Vortex OXP (original source of these military fuel injectors).
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?