(WIP) Coyote's Run mission pack v2.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

MrFlibble
Deadly
Deadly

Re: (WIP) Coyote's Run mission pack v2.0

Post by MrFlibble »

phkb wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:44 am
I might need a copy of your saved game if possible.
You have that now hopefully.

Update...
Spoiler
Although the mission appears (from comms) to have stalled at that point, one hop away things progress normally. There appears to be a gap in the plot shown by Coyote's run history in F4, between 13: "You go to the office of Xan Tsen" and 14: "When you leave your ship, you find"
MrFlibble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by MrFlibble »

Another gap perhaps...
Spoiler
I arrived at Biarra cloaked, and let my comrades deal with the rogues, uncloaked when they were off the scanner, flew to main station and docked.
F5F5 still asks me to come to here.
If the ruck is mandatory for plot progression, shouldn't there be a hint?
Went back for the ruck. Rogue escape pods cannot be scooped (but can be shot). Only one wingman can be switched to in targeting, which makes identifying them difficult..

Seems the ruck was required for next step. Next step makes me think that docking to refuel should have been prevented. Perhaps it would be an idea to ensure other refuel options are blocked here to avoid confusion. Fuel station satellites etc. I realise that they're from OXPs and you probably can't whack them all. Maybe it'd make most sense if player had to accompany one of the wingmen who had to go scoop for some reason.

Lots of these in Latest.log:

Code: Select all

oolite.oxp.Okti.Coyotes_Run.oxz/Scripts/coyoteGreer1.js, line 151.
[script.javaScript.exception.undeclaredVar]: ***** JavaScript exception (coyoteGreer1 2.5): ReferenceError: assignment to undeclared variable i
Did skim. F5F5 still suggests I do it. The wingmen are not in the system.

Code: Select all

> PS.fuel
Just a user, doing the unexpected. :twisted:
MrFlibble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by MrFlibble »

I'm re-running from earlier.
Target issues:
Spoiler
Had fun dragging asteroids through the Katik asteroid. Found that changing targets, it was possible to accidentally end up with Lobo on the beam, and to drag them through the fabric of the asteroid unharmed. AFAICT, this applies to anything one can switch targets to.
Indestructible:
Spoiler
If you pick the wrong Asp to shoot at in the bit before 'splash the ferdies', it is indestructible. Quite scary if it's the first ship you target.
NPC script madness:
Spoiler
Jumping from Tirizaan to Atbiarxxe. I already had fastest route set, via Atrare. Sahana would override repeatedly suggesting to do exactly what I was already doing. Shift 6 to switch mode and back does not work. The only way forward is to plot course for Atrare only, jump, then plot onward. Seems a bit barmy.
Maybe another dead end if you do something wrong:
Spoiler
Anbedi. My wingfolk hook up to do barrel roll, and run a jump to Zaeredre. During the process, the speech is driven nuts by saying "Cobra mark 3" 15 times. That's copied to the comms by Cameron who initiates the jump.

After the jump, there is a melee. Cameron scoops Greer, or in some cases I do. In all runs I've tried, after the dust settles, Cameron attaches to my ship. The F5F5 still says "Engage the expected ambush". If I dock, Cameron is not attached on exit and even if I leave system, F5F5 remains the same.

Not clear how to proceed, or what (if anything) went wrong.
I promise to leave it alone now until you've had a chance to catch up.
MrFlibble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by MrFlibble »

Sussed one of the dead ends. Expected clues that progress has been made are not there in the F5F5.
Spoiler
Zaeredre. Once the ambush is done, there is no F5F5 update.
When you dock at the right place, it becomes apparent that progression is happening.
I ran that a good half dozen times thinking I'd screwed up somehow before I happened on the answer.

By the way. Cameron and Greer appear in the left and right views, but they do not appear in external views.
MrFlibble
Deadly
Deadly

Post by MrFlibble »

After Inmaarxe (step twenty something), the F4 Coyote's Run History is empty once more. Aw!