Communications Pack A

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: Communications Pack A

Post by phkb »

hiran wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:25 pm
So the problem is not with the expansions themselves, it is with either the hosting site or the connectivity between Github and that hosting site.
Agreed. What can be done to debug the GitHub connectivity? Are there default timeout settings that can be extended, for instance.
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

phkb wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:37 pm
hiran wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:25 pm
So the problem is not with the expansions themselves, it is with either the hosting site or the connectivity between Github and that hosting site.
Agreed. What can be done to debug the GitHub connectivity? Are there default timeout settings that can be extended, for instance.
Not sure here When the job runs we get some server from a big pool of servers and have no control. On top we have no control on the network between that pool and the hosting site. Even if we find out we would not be in a position to change it.

And I would prefer not to involve Github as that job is not about building software but indexing all expansions. It might be beyond their free plan.

So far I am more surprised since that problem did not exist in the beginning. But when checking in a browser the download works so something is strange.

I can check what timeout is in use. Maybe a small modification here is sufficient.
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

The easiest solution may be to move the mods to the wiki like the majority of the others.