Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Corporate Systems Flavour OXP

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Re: Corporate Systems Flavour OXP

Post by hiran »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:50 am
Have you docked at one of his Salvage Gangs (Anarchies OXP)? Did you ever manage to dock with his Isis Interstellar in G2 Cebior? And have you docked at a Hathor?
I just tried docking to a Nuit. It's of impressive size. The rotating hexagon did neither distract or cause me problems.
But as soon as the nose of my ship dipped into the docking bay, the docking bay and top of the station were totally transparent. I could see space behind and the rod that connects the docking level with the others.

I stopped there and looked front, left right and back and can confirm only the nose was inside. The side views properly showed the station wall and docking port as that camera was still outside. While the ship was stopped my docking clearance was revoked and i was several times told I would not have any parking clearance. After some time a system vessel (Galcop?) started shooting me so I powered up and went inside.
Last edited by hiran on Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

The rotating hexagon sometimes disappeared as I neared the dock.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

I’ve worked out a fix for the vanishing dock issue, although it’s more of a cover-up than a fix. It involves creating a visual effect of the dock, then spawning it at the same time the station is spawned, but slight larger than the original dock to avoid flickering graphical artifacts. I’ve applied it to Taranis and working on Nuit now. Might have something to share tomorrow.
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

hiran wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:32 am
Interesting idea.

If the dock is intended to be used by freighters it should be a bit wider. Yes actually there was the request to dock outside.

Why a moving wall so close to the dock? What is it's purpose?
cos it looked cool at the time.
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Killer Wolf wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:16 pm
hiran wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:32 am
Interesting idea.

If the dock is intended to be used by freighters it should be a bit wider. Yes actually there was the request to dock outside.

Why a moving wall so close to the dock? What is it's purpose?
cos it looked cool at the time.
:D 8) :lol:
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Resources for an OXP

Just wanted to copy this post here as I see it as relevant.
Ramirez wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:43 am
Corporate States are strange though - on the one hand they are the most policed of all systems, yet probably the most ruthless (the way the Sirius Corporation is described in Frontier is a good example) and in a world where money is everything, it's very likely that their morals fall short of those found in democracies and confederacies. I reckon corporates would try to keep some of the more unwholesome activities at a distance, and so I'd imagine dedicated tourist stations being set up away from the main trade routes.
And there is a whole discussion here too (Corporate rivalries)
DaddyHoggy wrote: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:16 pm

In the SW corner of Chart One - Two Corporate State Rich Industrial Systems have formed what have some considered to be an unnatural alliance. After a failed attempt to form this partnership nineteen Galactic Standard Years ago, where, during the final, delicate negotiations, the felines of Ensoreus finally lost control of their instinctive urges and began to knock the Blue Frog delegates of Onrira around the table covering them in fluff in the process.

Both sides have denied that all of the most recent negotiations have been undertaken via Holo-3D Vid-Conferencing to avoid a repeat of the embarrassing incident.

In the short period since this financial product from "Alliances" hit the market the number of Commanders visiting these two systems has increased by 32.8% (the only requirement to hold an "Alliances" account is that new account holders must spend at least 21 standard days at one of the systems main stations).

It is said that the logo for "Alliances" harks back to the days when both systems had access to only the ageing Coriolis Stations and, as their Marketing Department points out, the logo also imitates the compass directions of North, South, East and West - clearly showing their intentions to spread the benefits of an Alliances account to the four corners of Chart One.
And this thread has a discussion about hauliers and their logos: Traders and offenders
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Wow. I created that ad (for YAH) and the background for it 15yrs ago! That's a blast from the past.

I think this is where the idea for the Bloomberg OXP came from some time later (based on the various Oolite News channels I created via YAH)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

DaddyHoggy wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 3:40 pm
Wow. I created that ad (for YAH) and the background for it 15yrs ago! That's a blast from the past.

I think this is where the idea for the Bloomberg OXP came from some time later (based on the various Oolite News channels I created via YAH)
It would be nice to expand Bloomberg to cover the newer OXP commodities.

SW Economy adds Water, Oxygen & Medicine, Solar Harvest OXP adds Coronal Plasma ("raw") & Quirium Plasma ("processed"), Fuel Tweaks adds Quirium Fuel, Montanas Resource Pack 01 adds Quirium Crystal and Darkside Moonshine Distillery adds Witchfire Whisky - the only "regionally-priced" commodity.

Reference: https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Commodities - see "OXP Commodities"
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?