Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Screenshots

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Screenshots

Post by Cholmondely »

hiran wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:30 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:57 pm
hiran wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:46 pm
grab the current location
Have you been there yet? Have you docked? Do it!!
This dumb pilot seems stuck in G1. I just complemented how to operate the Galactic Hyperdrive but despite the fact that I have the Galactic Hyperdrive in my ship it does not show up when priming equipment.

Thus I don't know how to go to G2 and finally end up in the star system of choice. What can be the cause for the equipment to not be primeable?
Pressing "g" does what?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:33 pm
hiran wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:30 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:57 pm

Have you been there yet? Have you docked? Do it!!
This dumb pilot seems stuck in G1. I just complemented how to operate the Galactic Hyperdrive but despite the fact that I have the Galactic Hyperdrive in my ship it does not show up when priming equipment.

Thus I don't know how to go to G2 and finally end up in the star system of choice. What can be the cause for the equipment to not be primeable?
Pressing "g" does what?
Whoops. It took me to the other galaxy. Which means I do not have to prime it at all?
Ok, I'll update the wiki. The forum post I found was lying!
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

symmetry...
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

hiran wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:36 pm
Whoops. It took me to the other galaxy. Which means I do not have to prime it at all?
No, you don't need to prime it at all at all!

The forum post looks like it was for Wildeblood's Galactic Hyperdrive OXP which adds to the vanilla game Galactic Hyperdrive.
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

cbr wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:47 pm

symmetry...
From this angle the statue looks to me like some sort of elf with bi-i-ig ears!

I'm not sure that this is the effect that KW wanted!!
Comments wanted:
hiran
Theorethicist

Post by hiran »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:11 pm
hiran wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:36 pm

The forum post looks like it was for Wildeblood's Galactic Hyperdrive OXP which adds to the vanilla game Galactic Hyperdrive.
So there are two different types of equipment with the same name? Then it should be pointed out somewhere. I almost feared my hyperdrive were 'stowed away' and thus not primeable.

I ended up in the target system. And saw the station straight away. It is huge - but first I went to Coriolis and saved the session.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

hiran wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:49 am

So there are two different types of equipment with the same name? Then it should be pointed out somewhere. I almost feared my hyperdrive were 'stowed away' and thus not primeable.

I ended up in the target system. And saw the station straight away. It is huge - but first I went to Coriolis and saved the session.
No. It's the same equipment. Wildeblood's OXP (not on the Expansions Manager - see below) gives it more oomph, that's all - the ability to choose where you are going in the next galaxy. The Vanilla game galactic hyperdrive gives you no choice at all.

Wildeblood's also lets you see the chart for the next galaxy (F3F3F3) - but this seems not too work too brilliantly on my AppleMac, overlaying the current Galaxy chart and creating a bit of a morass in terms of working out what's what!

I presume that this is due to the changes in the F6 charts with v1.82 (2015) - which happened around the time that Wildeblood left these boards. Much of his published work has either been withdrawn (often due to changes in the vanilla game code) and much has no license - only his personal copyright.

So? Have you docked yet? cbr has very kindly shown you the front door... - I wasted a lot of time peering myopically around the other end of the colossus...

And did you ever manage to get the force-feedback-joystick vanilla-game-code tweak to compile?
Comments wanted:
hiran
Theorethicist

Post by hiran »

Cholmondely wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:40 am
hiran wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:49 am

No. It's the same equipment. Wildeblood's OXP (not on the Expansions Manager - see below) gives it more oomph, that's all - the ability to choose where you are going in the next galaxy. The Vanilla game galactic hyperdrive gives you no choice at all.

Wildeblood's also lets you see the chart for the next galaxy (F3F3F3) - but this seems not too work too brilliantly on my AppleMac, overlaying the current Galaxy chart and creating a bit of a morass in terms of working out what's what!

I presume that this is due to the changes in the F6 charts with v1.82 (2015) - which happened around the time that Wildeblood left these boards. Much of his published work has either been withdrawn (often due to changes in the vanilla game code) and much has no license - only his personal copyright.

So? Have you docked yet? cbr has very kindly shown you the front door... - I wasted a lot of time peering myopically around the other end of the colossus...

And did you ever manage to get the force-feedback-joystick vanilla-game-code tweak to compile?
This adds complexity. I just checked, and I have a 'Galactic Hyperdrive Reimagined' OXP installed. Our Wiki page about Galactic Hyperdrive definetely needs to disambigue things then. Tell that there are different items labelled the same, allow a user to identify which one of them he is facing and describe their behaviour.

Let's take this discussion into a more suitable thread, e.g. Galactic Hyperdrive OXP
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

cbr wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:47 pm
That's amazing work KW, what a stunning bit of design and texturing!
Nice screenshot cbr, really captures the scale of the station!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Griff wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:25 pm
Have you nipped inside yet?
Comments wanted:
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

Griff wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:25 pm
[/quote]

thank you sir :-)
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

A small teaser.gif ( n.b. brightness reduced diffuse map.. )
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

:) . :D . 8) .
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

cbr wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:53 pm

A small teaser.gif ( n.b. brightness reduced diffuse map.. )
Genuinely impressed.

The design, the attention to detail, the lighting.
High quality is expected from a KW oxp but this IMHO is exceptional.

Very well done KW and well captured cbr!

...Now where did I put that scorpius oxp???