Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

What is happening on the PC?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

dajt
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by dajt »

I've transferred the equipment work to the javascript branch, because it could turn into a huge job and I don't want to wreck the trunk.

I have managed to colour-code each item on the status screen now with orange if it is up to 75% damaged, and red if it is worse than that. Same goes for the equip ship screen, where these bits are listed for repair. Repair costs are proportional to the amount of damage on the equipment.

I have changed the ECM, energy bomb, and the advanced targetting direction indicator to fail proportinate to how damaged they are. There is a new HUD message and custom sound for the first two failing, and the direction indicator flickers. The heat shielding effectiveness also degrades as it gets damaged.

The save game format will have to change a bit to record how much damage a piece of equipment currently has.

The next thing is to try and make real classes for each of the pieces of equipment, and allow OXPs to be the implementation of these classes.

This may not be possible at all, and certainly won't be in all cases.

It also means the AI ship implementation has to change a little bit to use the real equipment objects rather than just knowing it has the equipment like it does now.

I may be working on this for quite some time.
Regards,
David Taylor.