Constrictor tip selected wrong system on F6 screen

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

CdrC64
Average
Average

Constrictor tip selected wrong system on F6 screen

Post by CdrC64 »

Doing the Constrictor mission, second galaxy, I got a tip sending me to a planet beginning with Err.

The F6 screen put a small square around Reenen (ROT13).

The actual system that gives you the next tip is Reevhf (ROT13). There was no square around that system.

I don't *think* I was seeing the 'find system' boxes, as the square remained once I arrived at the first system and continued searching beyond it.

Eventually I looked at the code for the mission and planetinfo.plist and worked out which system 1 253 was.

Was this something I did or an issue in the mission?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Constrictor tip selected wrong system on F6 screen

Post by Cholmondely »

CdrC64 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:28 pm
Doing the Constrictor mission, second galaxy, I got a tip sending me to a planet beginning with Err.

The F6 screen put a small square around Reenen (ROT13).

The actual system that gives you the next tip is Reevhf (ROT13). There was no square around that system.

I don't *think* I was seeing the 'find system' boxes, as the square remained once I arrived at the first system and continued searching beyond it.

Eventually I looked at the code for the mission and planetinfo.plist and worked out which system 1 253 was.

Was this something I did or an issue in the mission?
Might you have invoked Cody's Square?

If you can remember the colour of your square, see F6 page (galactic chart "1")
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

CdrC64 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:28 pm
Was this something I did?
Oh! And by the way, welcome back! Congratulations on surviving the Great Plague. I just hope that your loved ones did too...

Just out of curiosity - are you running Oolite on an AppleMac, Windows, Linux or one of those clockwork Babbage gadgets?
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
CdrC64
Average
Average

Post by CdrC64 »

Cholmondely wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:40 pm

Almost certainly. I believe it was a green square. I was not even aware of this feature.

I was surprised there wasn't a yellow square on the next system to travel to. I thought there was, or I was just accidentally invoking Cody's square and thinking the game was being nice to me.

Arrgh.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm finally back to Oolite after quite a few years absence. I tried E:D but I'm even worse at that than I am at Oolite, so here I am.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

CdrC64 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:55 am
Cholmondely wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:40 pm

Almost certainly. I believe it was a green square. I was not even aware of this feature.

I was surprised there wasn't a yellow square on the next system to travel to. I thought there was, or I was just accidentally invoking Cody's square and thinking the game was being nice to me.

Arrgh.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm finally back to Oolite after quite a few years absence. I tried E:D but I'm even worse at that than I am at Oolite, so here I am.
Heh! After wrestling with Steam, I utterly failed to get E:D to even load. But spent many exultant and exciting hours with my computer tied up downloading it! Was it 6? 8?
Comments wanted: