Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Ship Buying Bug :-/

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Ship Buying Bug :-/

Post by Killer Wolf »

I've been playing far a while now, finally scraped credits enough to upgrade from an Adder to a Cobra MkI. Saved. Launched. The roll indicator is jammed to far left although the ship's not rotating, the < and > keys don't rotate the ship. WTF.
loaded the save, bought an orbit shuttle [only other thing i could afford], launched, everything's working as it should.

how do i fix this and not bin hours of play? because now i've got a 'ing ship that i can't steer and no alternative.

EDIT: ignore, corrupt shipdata plist
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Ship Buying Bug :-/

Post by Switeck »

I've had roll get stuck such that I could only get it unstuck by pressing roll in that direction possibly in combination with other keys to get it unstuck...but my case wasn't a corrupted shipdata.plist
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

I too have had direction keys "get stuck". My solution was to press the key again and then the opposite direction key. That seems to always sort it out. It's those chaps at Williams Avionics - when they start quaffing the lethal brandy, their fingers start getting stuck in the most awkward places on the Astrogation Boards, and then it is all downhill from there...
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

i used to have flash games that would do that, lock in a given direction. this time, it's evidently my ham-fisted paws, i must have inadvertently naffed up the plist whilst bouncing between docs for the King Cobra. :oops: