Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[NEW] Sniper Sight 2

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: [NEW] Sniper Sight 2

Post by Cholmondely »

seventh wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:44 pm
By the way, I'm back in Ooniverse and I've started to collect OXPs including lost and broken.
Happy to hear you are back! There has been a lot of wiki material added, if you want to grab any for your Roolite pages...

Have you seen these new wiki pages?

Guide to Unlisted OXPs

Brilliant but broken...

List of Lost OXP's

Synopsis of current Oolite activity:

Catalogs of oxp's:
Oolite.org:
*List on the Expansions Manager (now 700)
Wiki lists (add another 400):
*OXP List
*Guide to Unlisted OXPs
*Brilliant but broken... (some still work with older versions of Oolite)
*List of Lost OXP's (just started)

Wiki essays possibly worth looking at:
*Oolite - contains an attempt to summarise how things have changed since 2003/4
*Lore - how views about this have changed since the Aegidian Era
*Oolite Literature
*There have been some additions to the Rough Guide to the ooniverse (Isence, Qutiri, Tibecea & Zarece, the ships and the introduction)
*Church of Giles the Creator
*Cheating - how views have changed since the Aegidian Era

Current big projects:
Littlebear's Galactic Almanac (Beta) - it started off as "Random Station Names", but has gro-o-o-own.
Redspear's Rescaling Experiment (long-running, windows only) as well as some smaller oxp's
Hiran's multiplayer Oolite Communicator
Cody & Disembodied's HIMSN [Her Imperial Majesty's Space Navy] (first stage finally published).
Montana05 has a number of different projects on the go in between rescuing old ship.oxp's - he's put a large number up on the Expansions Manager.
Phkb has been rejigging the vanilla code Keyboard configuration to allow foreign Linux users a chance to play the game with a full set of keypresses - and is mulling over a new tweak for anarchy systems where pirates take over the orbital station. His most recent magnum opus is Hermitage - manage your own Rock Hermit!

I hope that this is a reasonably honest synopsis of the current state of affairs...

And... there are also several people who are busy doing their own thing and who may well never publish publicly: CSOTB's Oolite 2.0, DGill's wonderful Feudal Nirvana & Frame's work on Babylon5.

And of course, our current intrepid "poorly-playing" YouTube streamer, Arquebus... as well as Russell in Russian
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
seventh
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: [NEW] Sniper Sight 2

Post by seventh »

Oh, that, yes. A huge new information I missed. A lot of exciting stuff. I'm happy of exploring all this.
Thank you!
Cholmondely wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:09 pm

Happy to hear you are back! There has been a lot of wiki material added, if you want to grab any for your Roolite pages...

Have you seen these new wiki pages?