Scriptable pause?

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Scriptable pause?

Post by another_commander »

Astrobe wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:48 pm
Also, who should I talk to in order to have a 1.87 version tag for the manager?
My best guess would be cim for this onr.
Malcius
Average
Average

Post by Malcius »

phkb wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:16 am
Astrobe wrote:
Buy the "Autopause" equipment
Kind of breaking the fourth wall here a bit, aren't we?
You could give it an SF spin by calling it something like the TimeFreezer, TimeStopper, or External Stasis device, manufactured by Relativistic Products Inc. or Relativistic Energy Weapon Industries PLC (REWInd PLC for short).

Not sure how extensive their product line should be. If there was an instant save option, that could be one of theirs. And maybe they could create a temporal displacement gun. Once a target's shields are down (and energy bank depleted to a certain threshold), the ship is sent back a week or so in time minus cargo (or a portion thereof, perhaps any cargo bought in that time period) and maybe to the location they were at that time.

Might have to develop this idea in another suggestion thread. I foresee technical difficulties.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Does this .oxp actually work?

Reference: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/File:Autopause.oxz
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Finally tried it out.

Works for yellow alert!
Does not work for approaching asteroids etc on a collision trajectory.

Works for me the one time I managed red alert!

One needs to buy the Autopause gadget on the F3 screen, and then prime it - and keep it primed.

On the assumption that at least some of the regular Oolite players appreciate the fact that they can play a short game rather than a 2-hour megathon, I wonder if this is one that might be worth sorting out by somebody who knows what they're up to (and adding to the in-game Expansions Manager)?

A more descriptive name than "Scriptable Pause" for us non-devotees of the Dark Arts might also be good!

Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?