SIRF - update Released

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: SIRF - update Released

Post by montana05 »

RockDoctor wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:53 am
Just having a look around the resource pack http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Montan ... ce_Pack_01 ; I'm liking the idea.

The "narcotics" cargo pods are of course, a joke. A way of attracting GalCop's attention while the real smuggling happens in pods labelled for "Radioactives" and "Biohazard" (and possibly "Holy Artefacts"), while the "narcotics" pods contain Oxo cubes, oregano and rabbit shit. Or am I betraying too much of my thoroughly spent youth? (He says, sipping a late night cup of vege Oxo instead of caffeine solution.)

Multiple types of escape pods - fairly obviously, given the variety of spacecraft. Don''t tell me - let me guess - picking up a poor dude in a spacesuit should be done at low speed, not pedal to the metal, rubber-side down. Otherwise ... you're going to need a screen wash next time you dock?
Download meter clicking away. Ill be back in a bit.
All cargo pods shouldn't be taken too serious, the best example is the detention container (slaves, prisoners) where I added some windows and a door. :lol: While the narcotics containers could make sense on a medical ship (medications) you obviously wouldn't use it to smuggle at GalCop stations.

The future target for all the escape crafts is to simulate more than 1 crew member on board of the larger ones. A lifeboat in general hold more person than a capsule. The current release of the package includes a test run with prisoners in detention containers. After you brought them to a station the insurance/bounty is multiplied by a random headcount.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Reply posted on [RELEASE] Montanas Resource Pack 01

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?p=274886#p274886
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

As previously discussed S.I.R.F. Compact is now available on the expansion manager. It's a station only package, NPC ships, additional cargo, escape pods and effects are not included. The wiki page is the same, an additional link could be found there.

Thanks a lot to Nite Owl, it's mainly his tweak and with his first publication we welcome him on the dark side, cookies are waiting for you. :wink:

EDIT:

SIRF V 2.61 is now available on the expansion manger, links and further details could be found at S.I.R.F. wiki

Changes:
outsourced the Gecko "Dragon Class" to a ship OXP, now this ship is only acting as defender of the station (NPC only)
optimization of the shipdata.plist and the scripts including the fix of some typos
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

Exception: Error: System.addShips: Invalid arguments (0) -- expected number (positive count no greater than 64).
Active script: SIRF_ship_script 2.61
SIRF_ship_script.js, line 481:
system.addShips(podType, debrisCount, this.ship.position);
Exception occurred while docked, presumably something interesting happened out there.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Milo wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:03 pm
Exception: Error: System.addShips: Invalid arguments (0) -- expected number (positive count no greater than 64).
Active script: SIRF_ship_script 2.61
SIRF_ship_script.js, line 481:
system.addShips(podType, debrisCount, this.ship.position);
Exception occurred while docked, presumably something interesting happened out there.
More likely a logical error with the count still set to 0. :oops: Thank you, Milo, a fix will be uploaded asap.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Version 2.62 is now available. Thanks again to Milo for reporting the bug.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Herewith a short digression concerning the joys and jubilations of the Apple Macintosh:

Code: Select all

[plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/accountname/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.zzz.Montana05.SIRF.oxz/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
Death to curly parantheses!
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:32 am
Herewith a short digression concerning the joys and jubilations of the Apple Macintosh:

[plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/accountname/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.zzz.Montana05.SIRF.oxz/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list.
:o - I didn't touch the shipdata.plist since April, the last release included only scripts. First check showed no funny characters hidden there, simple speaking, I got no idea what your Apple Macintosh expects/refuse there.
Cdr. Jettison
Average
Average

Post by Cdr. Jettison »

I also don't see anything unusual in the file other than trailing white spaces in some lines.

@Cholmodely. Try to open the file with Xcode and then just save it. See here. Disclaimer: I don't use Mac.
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cdr. Jettison wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:43 am
I also don't see anything unusual in the file other than trailing white spaces in some lines.

@Cholmodely. Try to open the file with Xcode and then just save it. See here. Disclaimer: I don't use Mac.
Thank you for helping out, I used Apple maybe 6 - 7-times in my life and only as a user. Therefore, my coding experience there is zero. I did see the white spaces, but even an Apple should be able to ignore them, at least I hope so. :roll:
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

montana05 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:11 am
Cholmondely wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:32 am

:o - I didn't touch the shipdata.plist since April, the last release included only scripts. First check showed no funny characters hidden there, simple speaking, I got no idea what your Apple Macintosh expects/refuse there.
I had a look at the file also. It looke like ordinary plist format.
Therefore I believe the problem is more with the error message: A property list is expected. And the file starts with a curly brace, which would indicate a property map. I guess Oolite would expect braces instead of curly braces.

But then I looked up another OXP and found the same situation, so I am not sure what to expect...
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

hiran wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:20 pm
Therefore I believe the problem is more with the error message: A property list is expected. And the file starts with a curly brace, which would indicate a property map. I guess Oolite would expect braces instead of curly braces.

But then I looked up another OXP and found the same situation, so I am not sure what to expect...
The entire OXP is working perfectly well under windows, it's an Apple problem only.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

montana05 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:58 pm

The entire OXP is working perfectly well under windows, it's an Apple problem only.
See this: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... 07#p278907 - problems with finding a single abandoned curly brace when none exist.
Comments wanted:
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:25 pm

See this: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... 07#p278907 - problems with finding a single abandoned curly brace when none exist.
It took a while, but hopefully this shipdata.plist will even work on a Mac: https://app.box.com/s/a73erx17zwv8aivjqfnwk826zobvejsm. After you downloaded SIRF please try to replace the original one with this tweak. If I was lucky I will upload a new version of the OXZ.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

montana05 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:30 am
Cholmondely wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:25 pm

It took a while, but hopefully this shipdata.plist will even work on a Mac: https://app.box.com/s/a73erx17zwv8aivjqfnwk826zobvejsm. After you downloaded SIRF please try to replace the original one with this tweak. If I was lucky I will upload a new version of the OXZ.
Selected highlights from the latest.log:
Starting at Tetiri (Galaxy 5, using Cody's test-save):
17:16:58.497 [plist.parse.failed] OOPropertyListFromData (OOPListParsing.m:72): Failed to parse /Users/accountname/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.zzz.Montana05.trial.SIRF.oxp/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list.

17:17:34.922 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (SIRF_populator 2.4): TypeError: system.addShips("SIRF-YARD", 1, system.mainPlanet.position.multiply(-1.5), 10000) is null

Arrival at Orlaed (TL12)
17:19:52.037 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (SIRF_populator 2.4): TypeError: system.addShips("SIRF-YARD", 1, system.mainPlanet.position.multiply(-1.5), 10000) is null

Arrival at Atredi (TL10)
17:23:39.669 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (SIRF_populator 2.4): TypeError: system.addShips("SIRF-YARD", 1, system.mainPlanet.position.multiply(-1.5), 10000) is null

So, you're doing it all wrong. When you sacrifice to the Holy Witchspace Lobster, you should start off holding the sacrificial athame upside-down in your left hand. Using your right hand just confuses his third mandible, as you can see from the above...
Comments wanted: