Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Woooahhh... with an Adder to Begeabi...

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

RGVV
Competent
Competent

Woooahhh... with an Adder to Begeabi...

Post by RGVV »

Good day,

Last leg of my first, highly profitable, parcel contract with only two legs (Lave - Reorte - Begeabi), from Reorte to Begeabi, with an Adder with only a pulse laser and some heat shields. When I jump to the Begeabi system the witch jump buoy - or how to call that thing - is cluttered with jumbles of hostile pirates who destroy my courageous sardine can in the blink of an eye. One time when I showed up near the witch jump buoy I immediately got the "Incoming Missile" message even without anybody declaring me war first... that was pretty vigorously... :shock:

I've installed the expansion pack populationcontrol.oxz but that doesn't seeem to make any difference - probably because of the government system of Begeabi (anarchy).

Any suggestions on how to reach Begeabi in my humble rowing boat? Is there anything to do to prevent loitering near the witch jump buoy? They're really in masses there! Sometimes almost 20! Kids these days... :(

(Would like to avoid to take desperate action and alter the savefile by adding clandestinely an energy bomb to the code.)

Thanks. :roll:

Best,

Robert.
I was born in Xixax (oh la la la dee)/On my mama's farm/My father was a junkie/Und wir war'n sehr arm/My brother was a soldier (ooh)/By the war in Vietnam (shoot)/My uncle is a spy/In the Soviet Union
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Woooahhh... with an Adder to Begeabi...

Post by Cody »

Those are assassins, trying to stop you delivering that parcel. Certain types of parcel attract unwanted attention.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
RGVV
Competent
Competent

Post by RGVV »

Aha...
I was born in Xixax (oh la la la dee)/On my mama's farm/My father was a junkie/Und wir war'n sehr arm/My brother was a soldier (ooh)/By the war in Vietnam (shoot)/My uncle is a spy/In the Soviet Union
Cody

Post by Cody »

As an interstellar courier, the path to the highest level is long and dangerous - but the eventual rewards are well worth it.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!