Metal Monolith

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

TommyJ
Average
Average

Re: Metal Monolith

Post by TommyJ »

Oh, cool installation! I heard that some artists announced that this is their performance. At least one monolith. But there is no confirmation of this.
It is interesting that people immediately assumed a lot that these objects were of alien origin. We have a bunch of companions. Are there no images that refute this?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

TommyJ wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:13 pm
Oh, cool installation! I heard that some artists announced that this is their performance. At least one monolith. But there is no confirmation of this.
It is interesting that people immediately assumed a lot that these objects were of alien origin. We have a bunch of companions. Are there no images that refute this?
From wikipedia: Underdetermination: In the philosophy of science, underdetermination or the underdetermination of theory by data (sometimes abbreviated UTD) is the idea that evidence available to us at a given time may be insufficient to determine what beliefs we should hold in response to it. Underdetermination says that all evidence necessarily underdetermines any scientific theory.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
TommyJ
Average
Average

Post by TommyJ »

Yes, that's right. I just saw the thread and thought that some new things could be told here. Maybe someone heard something.
I seem to be starting to understand where and why new satellite launch companies are emerging.
With the increase in unexplained/unexplained/underdetermined incidents, it will become more and more important for wealthy enthusiasts to send their satellite for observation)
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

TommyJ wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:59 am
Yes, that's right. I just saw the thread and thought that some new things could be told here. Maybe someone heard something.
I seem to be starting to understand where and why new satellite launch companies are emerging.
With the increase in unexplained/unexplained/underdetermined incidents, it will become more and more important for wealthy enthusiasts to send their satellite for observation)
Sorry - is this a genuine increase in the number incidents - or is it just an increase in the reporting and dissemination of the news of such incidents?

Especially at the moment - very little good news (apart from success on the antivirus front), many people stuck at home (although not so much in the US) and I would guess that the news channels are desperate for stuff which is a little wacky which might just cheer people up. Such as the mighty monolith.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
TommyJ
Average
Average

Post by TommyJ »

Regarding the appearance of the monolith: I heard that it was found in Utah, California, Germany, Romania. The total number of appearances is already 7 that I have heard.
Further, that people need such news: this is your opinion, I respect it and have nothing against it, but for me personally, so much strange news usually means that people want to be distracted from serious problems that need to be solved. Therefore, I try not to pay attention to mainstream news, but to search only for what I am interested in / needed.
Watching the news on TV all the time can get us depressed.

In the last post, I mentioned that I like this news about monoliths. But for me it is unsaid. And the impression is that this is an artificially created news feed.
I also said that with the increase in the growth of such messages, satellites will be needed to observe large areas of the Earth where something might happen. But the fact is that something is constantly happening on Earth. And this is always tracked. It's just that now I am very interested in the topic of satellites, I am studying Skyrora, a new company for me (and for the world too), which are engaged in the private sending of satellites. And I am very interested in this, and I wanted to somehow weave it and share with someone about the new company)
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Gingerbread Monolith Mysteriously Appears In San Francisco
"Looks like a great spot to get baked," quips city's parks director
A seven-foot-tall gingerbread monolith appeared early on Christmas Day, on a hilltop in Corona Heights Park, San Francisco.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... b53457fdf3