Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Looking for Far Sun OXP

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Looking for Far Sun OXP

Post by Cody »

Duggan wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:14 am
I have tried your recommendation Cody and as luck would have it, It doesn't seem to work at all.
Did you restart Oolite with the shift key held down?
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Indeed I did.

This is how it looks .
};

"universal" =
{
sky_color_1 = (0.75,0.8,1);
sky_color_2 = (1.0,0.85,0.6);
stations_require_docking_clearance = no;
sun_distance_multiplier = 50;

};
I did start with your original editusining "Word Pad ++" adding it just below line 17 ( creating a line 18in the process ,the increase in my value to = 50 has gone up in gradients to see if any difference was achieved at all.
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Duggan wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:38 am
This is how it look
Is that all of the file? If so, you have a stray "};" at the top which would create an imbalance of braces.

Also, are any errors being reported in your latest.log file?
Cody

Post by Cody »

Duggan wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:38 am
Indeed I did.
Yeah, figured you would've, but I had to ask. That should work - it does here. <scratches head>
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Hello phkb.

Sorry , I copied too much . That is a stray because its the end of the previous interstellar space section. I'm just going to have to get used to the stupidly large and indeed bright Suns. I love the game too much not to accept the little irritations in it. Shame about Box being all Fort Knoxy though. Theres a load of good old OXPs locked and sealed in there. :)

It might be worth updating the Wiki to reflect Expansion Packs that are actually still available though asopposed to including those that are clearly not.

I imagine it would right put off the New Player to be directed to an Expansion pack they cannot in reality access.
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Duggan wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:20 pm
Shame about Box being all Fort Knoxy though. Theres a load of good old OXPs locked and sealed in there. :)

It might be worth updating the Wiki to reflect Expansion Packs that are actually still available though asopposed to including those that are clearly not.

I imagine it would right put off the New Player to be directed to an Expansion pack they cannot in reality access.
Well, the issue with box seems to be more of an expiration problem than about becoming greedy. Currently, we are trying to recover as much as we can, please have a look here: Recovering "Lost" OXPs
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Sorry , I copied too much . That is a stray because its the end of the previous interstellar space section. I'm just going to have to get used to the stupidly large and indeed bright Suns.
If there are no errors in your latest.log file, I'd suggest there's a conflict going on somewhere with other OXP's, with one overriding the other and negating your change. What happens if you remove all OXP's and only have your config change?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

I'm just going to have to get used to the stupidly large and indeed bright Suns.
Don't Knotty’s Realistic Stars, Wildeblood’s Distant Suns, Rustem’s Distant Stars & Stranger’s Habitable Planets all sort this out as well?

And add in other goodies like corona flares, solar winds, more realistic distributions of different star types .....
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Have you tried:
From A Solar Systems OXP - @Frame thread under Board index < Oolite < Expansion Pack (Post by Lestradae » Mon May 05, 2008)
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Reval
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: At home in the Xexedi Cluster, driving an FE Asp II, Laenina's Flux.

Post by Reval »

Am I missing something here? - Surely Distant Suns is in the OXZ Manager and pretty much serves the OP's desired purpose:

Distant Suns varies the appearance of every star individually. Cooler red stars have their habitable planets close by and are easier to skim for fuel. Super-luminous blue-white stars are far removed from their habitable zone.

I and many others, I'm sure, have this installed and the overall effect is to move suns farther away (though the distance in this case varies with colour).

Another good OXP to ease strain on the old eyes, I've found, is Clarified not Glarified which reduces the glare of all stars.
Dor 'call me Grocer' Reval (a Xexedian Laver) was always considered a little backward.