Repair Bots OXP Bug Report

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Damocles Edge
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Repair Bots OXP Bug Report

Post by Damocles Edge »

I'm not too sure to whom I should be addressing this or if indeed anyone is currently maintaining Repair Bots OXP http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Repair_Bots_OXP
But I have noted that when the repair system in this oxp runs out of charges (requiring a recharge at 1k credits), whilst I was travelling from system to system in search of a location to offer a recharge, that the repair system would automatically recharge itself once I had made 2 or 3 witchspace jumps.
If this is of any help to whoever maybe maintaining this oxp, then that is great, if not I will continue to enjoy some free repairs :|
O.C.T.D (Oolite Crash Test Dummy) Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm......
Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Repair Bots OXP Bug Report

Post by Nite Owl »

In my heavily tweaked version of Repair Bots* the only oddity that has cropped up (which may be due to my endless need to tweak stuff) is that if the Main Repair Bot System is damaged it is suppose to repair itself first and then proceed to repair the other damaged equipment. The other day (and this has only happened this one time that has been noticed) the Main Repair Bot System was damaged and it went ahead and somehow, despite being broken itself, repaired all of the other equipment that was damaged before repairing itself as the last repair. Weird. Waiting for the circumstances to crop up again to see what happens or if it was just a one off occurrence.

*Scripts have been combined or eliminated, pylon mounted equipment has been removed, and the recharge system has been reworked into the purchase of individual Nanobot Repair Cylinders, the remaining quantity of which show up on the F5/F5 screen. The Cylinders can be purchased in quantities of from 1 to 10 for 100 ₢ per Cylinder. The concept for this was borrowed from phkb's Anti-Missile Darts in the Armory OXZ and some tweaks thereof. It has worked well for a month now with the exception noted above. Really do have to show it to Thargoid one of these days to see if he would approve of my releasing it since he is no longer maintaining his OXZ's.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon