Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

The Assassins Guild OXP - Beta

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

:oops: Sorry there was a bug in the orignial Team AI that could cause them to bugger off into deep space or hyperspace out of the system under certain circumstances. Nobody else hit it, but fixed in V5! (In the first version I cribbed a standard AI rather than writing my own for the team. The new version gives the Team a custom AI so there isn't the small chance of them wandering off!).
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
MtKlima
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by MtKlima »

LittleBear,
I'm still hanging out in G7, even though I am done with Assassins. I certainly am enjoying seeing some of the ships from the OXP randomly appearing. (I even settled an old score with a Python Transport)(oh, and a Battlebot Control Ship)

I just went back to Arberi and bumped into a Vintage Adder, I knew what it was from across the system, long before I could see it, as I was bumping through my Advanced Space Compass, I saw the "A". So, I went over to him to visit, and then once he was gone, another Vintage Adder appeared, again with the "A" on my compass.

Just wanted to let you know.

As far as everything else on my Mac, everything seems to be working fine. I have seen some new ships in the shipyard, and taken some out for a spin. I have only seen Mongooses (Mongeese?, what's the plural on that?) and Vintage Adders.

I'll let you know if I see anything else that seems weird. I'll probably hang out in G7 for a while, as I enjoy some of the new scenery.

Best, Michael
After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager."
- William S. Burroughs
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Cheers!

The unlocked ships appear in any Galaxy. Giving them the Beacon A is a temporaty measure to help people check they are comming up occasionally. A group of Assassins ships should be added about 10% of the time, (although certain ships are made more likley to appear at particular govenment types). Once I take the beacons out though, quite often even if a ship(s) are added, you won't meet them your paths do not cross. The becons just makes it easier for playtesters to find them to check they added OK and whether people think this is too much or too few.

If the dice pick the chance of an Assassins ship appearing, then different numbers come up depending on the ship. A few Mongoose pirates or Adder Traders but only one Deamon Class Cruiser pirate!

The player ships are quite rare, but you should see the Vintage Adder, Mongose from time to time, but the Nemesis only appears infequently at high tech worlds.
Last edited by LittleBear on Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
sharkus
Average
Average

Post by sharkus »

ooh, a new Beta :)

I'll download and give it a whirl here. No problems with the B4 on Mac since the images were fixed, so we'll see how B5 goes :)
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

B5 mainly makes "under the hood" improvements.

But also adds 3 new player ships and a small chance of encountering some of the OXP ships as traders, police, Military Ships and pirates, BUT only when you have completed all the missions! :wink:

B5 is the final version (until Heretic finishes the DeathBurger - Bump :wink: ) as it has been playtested to completion on both the Mac and PC! (Thanks MtKlima & TGHC!)
Last edited by LittleBear on Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HueijRevisited
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by HueijRevisited »

I'm currently in G5, exploring a Commie system and trying to get a good screenshot of a Collective Zero G Factory. After that, on to G7. Can't wait to try this OXP.

Good thing the original Elite had nothing like this. It would have ruined my life even more than it already has :)
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

Now getting my a**e shot off by the Soin fer-de-lance!
Nuke 'em 'til they glow; then shoot 'em in the dark!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

Hey, nobody said being an Assassin was an easy job!
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Davemak wrote:
Now getting my a**e shot off by the Soin fer-de-lance!
A mere trifle old chap, I suggest you buy a large bucket of ice to dunk yer butt in, you're going to need it!
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

I'm thinking a change in ship - the PCC isn't s nimble as I'd like it be in close dogfights.

What really hurt was the loss of fuel injectors in the 1st few seconds - that made it a real PITA!
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

A wise move, something fast and agile, with maximum shields and energy,
and a military laser fore and aft. You don't really need any cargo space.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

Really wish the rear military laser would line up with the cross hairs - thats really annoying.
Shipwise - all seem to be old and knackered ones from Murgh's? old ship oxp.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

BUG!!!

Post by ArkanoiD »

Entered Quadixe system. No controls, no ships, no way to abandon game.

Damn sure some filename with incorrect case characters again :-((
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by LittleBear »

There is a "hang" on entering this system as you have to wait 5 - 10 seconds as Oolite adds the extra ships. Assassins seems ok on the Mac and PC (Windows) as players on these platforms have completed it. Which platform are you on?

If it is a file name problem, where should I look to change?

Ships with the following roles are always present in this system :-

mafiastat, mafiafighter, mafiapatrol, drugs.

If you have been asked to kill the Triad Boss, then additionally ships with these roles are added:-

mafiaguard, drugs2, drugs3, weaktriad, hardtriad, victim7.

The moon (always present) has the texture hitsplanet8.png and is added in planetinfo as "new_moonC".
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

LittleBear wrote:
There is a "hang" on entering this system as you have to wait 5 - 10 seconds as Oolite adds the extra ships. Assassins seems ok on the Mac and PC (Windows) as players on these platforms have completed it. Which platform are you on?

If it is a file name problem, where should I look to change?

Ships with the following roles are always present in this system :-

mafiastat, mafiafighter, mafiapatrol, drugs.

If you have been asked to kill the Triad Boss, then additionally ships with these roles are added:-

mafiaguard, drugs2, drugs3, weaktriad, hardtriad, victim7.

The moon (always present) has the texture hitsplanet8.png and is added in planetinfo as "new_moonC".
Unix. Unlinke Mac and Windows filenames are case sensitive. That means if there is hitsplanet8.png in desciption and hitsplanet8.PNG in filesystem nothing will work properly.