Thanks all wot a top game

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Babbadobba
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Thanks all wot a top game

Post by Babbadobba »

Just found this game as it got a mention on the Ian Lee show on LBC 97.3fm 3:00-6:30. Damn fine experience all round. I am loving the add-ons, big thanks for the longshot its changed my life.

bye for now

:D :D :D
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Re: Thanks all wot a top game

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Babbadobba wrote:
Just found this game as it got a mention on the Ian Lee show on LBC 97.3fm 3:00-6:30.
Aha! First a fleeting mention in the Battlebarg Webcomic, now on network radio. Tomorrow, THE WORLD!!!!

Ahem, oh yeah, welcome to the community. Glad you enjoy the game.

Captain Hesperus
"Meglomania isn't a disorder, it's simply inferior people's way of making themselves feel better."
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Thanks all wot a top game

Post by TGHC »

Babbadobba wrote:
Just found this game as it got a mention on the Ian Lee show on LBC 97.3fm 3:00-6:30.
Now that is interesting, I listen to Iain Lee most days on my way home, so it must have been in the earlier part. Do you know which day it was, I'll try and download the podcast.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Babbadobba
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Babbadobba »

I think it would have been wednesday or thursday last week, first he mentioned elite being the best game ever then slipped in that there was a pc version called oolite available. That was all he said easily missed, needless to say as an old elite and frontier maniac i grabbed my pen and paper and googled away when I got home. I haven't seen my wife or child since but I'm sure they're doing, the good news is Im average with an OK ship and some really cool kit.
Captain Hesperus

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Babbadobba wrote:
I think it would have been wednesday or thursday last week, first he mentioned elite being the best game ever then slipped in that there was a pc version called oolite available. That was all he said easily missed, needless to say as an old elite and frontier maniac i grabbed my pen and paper and googled away when I got home. I haven't seen my wife or child since but I'm sure they're doing, the good news is Im average with an OK ship and some really cool kit.
Sorry? Wife? Child? These words mean something to me, just it won't come to me right now.......
Good Work on getting Average, though.

Captain Hesperus
"I wouldn't say I was bad at docking, but when I announce were about to dock, my crew all head for the escape pods."
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

There was in interview with David Braben on last week's Digital Planet, on the BBC World Service. If you can't get the podcast, PM me with your email address and I'll dropload it to you.

Might not have much you don't already know, though it might make a good trip down memory lane.