Looking for a version of Oolite that works for Mac OSX 10.5.8

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Ch00balicious
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Looking for a version of Oolite that works for Mac OSX 10.5.8

Post by Ch00balicious »

I've been looking for a copy of the game to work with my old laptop (version Mac OSX 10.5.8) however due to limitations with this frankly ancient OS, I'm unable to access the google drive to download older versions, or to find pretty much anything. Also I can't update this laptop because it's pretty banged up, broken disk drive, etc.

I'd appreciate it for somebody to send me a download link for a version that runs on 10.5.8, because I can't find one.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Looking for a version of Oolite that works for Mac OSX 10.5.8

Post by another_commander »

Hi and welcome. If I remember correctly, version 1.77.1 had requirement for Mac OS X 10.5 or later, which should be able to cover you. If my recollection is correct, then you can find version 1.77.1 in the project's releases page on github: https://github.com/OoliteProject/oolite/releases. Just scroll down to the 1.77.1 release tag.

Hope it helps.
Ch00balicious
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: Looking for a version of Oolite that works for Mac OSX 10.5.8

Post by Ch00balicious »

another_commander wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:04 pm
Hi and welcome. If I remember correctly, version 1.77.1 had requirement for Mac OS X 10.5 or later, which should be able to cover you. If my recollection is correct, then you can find version 1.77.1 in the project's releases page on github: https://github.com/OoliteProject/oolite/releases. Just scroll down to the 1.77.1 release tag.

Hope it helps.
This version does work on this OS! Appreciate the help buddy! :)