Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Invisible Constrictor

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

FlyingBlind
Above Average
Above Average

Invisible Constrictor

Post by FlyingBlind »

I've just started playing again from the beginning, v1.65. Last night, after a kill above Orerve, I received Capt. Carruthers' "Right On, Commander!" message. Once the battle was done and my cargo hold was full, I scooped the sun and jumped to my destination, Riedquat. Upon docking, I received the full "Constrictor" mission text, but no image of the ship itself, just a black background.

Aside from the energy bomb not activating when I press "Tab" (saw an earlier msg. which suggested trying "9"), I haven't encountered any problems with the new version.

I've only got one OXP loaded, the Tionisla Graveyard, which I have yet to visit.
Oolite? Is that like Bud Lite?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

I've torn my hair out trying to get showshipmodel working in an OXP. Somtimes it works and somtimes it doesn't! Its just one of those things. In the end, I just decideded to go with a "still" image of the ship in the background rather than a rotating ship model, for Assassins.oxp!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Invisible Constrictor

Post by TGHC »

FlyingBlind wrote:
I've only got one OXP loaded, the Tionisla Graveyard, which I have yet to visit.
Try running without TG, I think it has caused other issues AFAIK it's still beta/wip.

Some OXP's do cause "odd" happenings, and it's a process of elimination to find the culprit
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"