Xendaka, The Warrior of the Isolated World

Writings and chronicles of the OOniverse.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Xendaka
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Xendaka, The Warrior of the Isolated World

Post by Xendaka »

I am Xenvaki, descendent of the Xenomorph. My name is Xendaka. My homeworld is not on any chart currently present. In other words, we're quite isolated.

I started off like any other Jameson: 100 credits and a Cobra MKIII. My first few tries to get out there, got me turned to scrap metal. after those misfortunes, I finally found a decent system to start my journey. I decided to go asteroid hunting to start with. I came by Zaonce's Isocahendron Station and decided to look for ships. That was when I found my current pride and joy: the Stormbrewer Vigilante. I went back to asteroid hunting for a bit after getting actual weapons for my Cobra. I then started bounty hunting.

Bounty hunting was my dream job. Us Xenvaki are born warriors, and as such, I figured that my Cobra will not be enough. After blowing up pirates (the primary reason for my prior misfortunes because they thought I had cargo. NOT), I finally managed to get my hands on that million-credit heavy fighter. The Vigilante was the perfect balance between firepower and cargo space, IMO. After that, I decided to get serious about this gig.

That's where the Seedy Space bar - Smoke Dragon of Riedquat comes in. However, some of my bounties were plagued with the bane of my existence: the Q-BOMB!! After that, I filtered the search for bounties without Q-bombs. Non Q-bomb bounties were where I shined. One target was actually WAY too oblivious for his own good. (not to mention his buddies) I was able to follow the Pit Viper and 4 small ships (blurry memory). Without them being able to react, I ambushed my target, and got out of dodge after scrapping him. Those other goons didn't know what hit 'em. After realizing it was me, a fellow hunter warned me on their plotting of revenge, and to watch my six.

Obviously, from the intercepted communications, that was their intention. However, of all things, they did ambush me. TOO BAD FOR THEM. Another few hundered credits in my pocket. I absolutely wrecked them. Some complained about their friend having a family, but a bounty's a bounty. Sorry dude. I don't work that way. :/

Now, about the Thargoids... They're just a nuisance. They won't stop bugging me. They kept up with interdiction after interdiction after interdiction... I've just about had it. I got my Hunter Xoraka (Vigilante's name) and iron-assed the crap outta it, and intentionally misjumped. They thought I was too weak to take them on. WRONG IDEA. Someone did tell me about their fear glands being removed, so that makes sense. But... With those fear glands gone, I feel like they're stupid incarnate.

Those Thargoid lasers are but peashooters hitting a metal wall. I wasted any Thargoids I came across. I have also assisted the Navy in multiple accounts.

Now about that ship that everyone was talking about. The Constrictor was a top secret craft that was to be very superior to the GalCop Vipers. According to the information given to me by the developers who sought help, it was also to be faster than an Asp. The hunt begins.

Let's get to when I found that blasted crook. When I found him, he knew he was in trouble. We began fighting, and just like I expected, this thing has Asp-level speeds. However, in many ways, Hunter Xoraka was superior. Like I said, this thing is a MONSTER in combat, especially with those laser upgrades. I shot the robber down, but he ejected before it exploded. He apparently values his life. I scooped him and turned him in to the proper authorities. That, right there, was one of my biggest paydays ever. I was a Competent pilot at the time, so they gave me the Dangerous rank as another reward. (well earned, I must say) So, if you dare try to cross me and you have a bounty on your head, well, say hello to Makuta for me. :twisted:
END PROLOGUE

DISCLAIMER: Xendaka doesn't write that well. Zero Senki, his IRL brother, has helped him with this prologue.
Last edited by Xendaka on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Some buggy planet at the edge of the known universe

Re: Xendaka, The Warrior of the Isolated World

Post by DredgerMan »

Welcome to the Ooniverse, Xendaka!

Great to have another writer join us!

:D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)
Flying The Sizzlin' Suzie VI, a trusty and venerable Boa Class Cruiser in Oolite 1.84 on

under Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 64-bit
with a Geforce GT610 videocard
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Welcome Xendaka! Nice tale! :)
Xendaka
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Xendaka »

btw why is it that i get which-space sickness in game :?