Newbie asking a quick question

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Newbie asking a quick question

Post by Venator Dha »

toudi_sk wrote:
Venator Dha, thx for advice, the problem is between keyboard and chair, I have a high altitude. :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Pretty much like the rest of us here then, welcome to the club :D
Taurus Driving through the galaxy since... .
toudi_sk
Competent
Competent

Post by toudi_sk »

hi again, new PC, new game installation and new questions, because Elite Wiki links not worked yet :?

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolite_planet_list

I have problem with fuel injectors (broken in fight), how can I repair them and how exactly works Maintenance Overhaul please, is it not robot like R2-D2, right :D ?
because I bought MO (at Zaonce) and nothing changed, fuel injectors still broken

---

my paper models are finished, now I work on case :D

Image Image Image

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

I just realized that the entire topic has been in the wrong sub-forum for years (it contained nothing Windows port - specific). Moving it to Discussion, may also help with getting more answers and sooner.

@toudi_sk: Check your F3 screen when docked in a station of tech level 11 or higher.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

toudi_sk wrote:
how exactly works Maintenance Overhaul
See Maintenance Overhaul (in the backup wiki at the moment).

You can check the required tech levels of all core equipments in this table. Buy and repair need the same tech level but repair cost half. Repair time usually proportional with the price, do not forget this before fix a costly part like Shield Boosters when you have contracts with deadlines.

Your paper models are nice! There are a set for those who would like to print and glue ships with textures of Oolite 1.77 in Selezen's papermodels.
toudi_sk
Competent
Competent

Post by toudi_sk »

thx for help

in the list is Military Shield Enhancement at tech level 14, but I can buy it on Zaonce at tech level 12

Selezen´s models are great, thx for link, maybe I try resize ships to "my" scale 1:300 (DODO station is 1:3000, CUBE is 1:6000 btw)
another_commander wrote:
I just realized that the entire topic has been in the wrong sub-forum for years (it contained nothing Windows port - specific). Moving it to Discussion, may also help with getting more answers and sooner.

@toudi_sk: Check your F3 screen when docked in a station of tech level 11 or higher.
:oops: I´m blind, it is at second page for 300cr...
toudi_sk
Competent
Competent

Post by toudi_sk »

sorry for "spam", I have a problem with models from game, I will try make som papercraft model from Oolite ships, but I can´t export .obj files from .dat file, can someone upload .obj files from ships please? :oops:
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

toudi_sk wrote:
sorry for "spam", I have a problem with models from game, I will try make som papercraft model from Oolite ships, but I can´t export .obj files from .dat file, can someone upload .obj files from ships please? :oops:
Check this link here, it should contain everything you need: https://github.com/OoliteProject/oolite ... t-1.80-obj.
toudi_sk
Competent
Competent

Post by toudi_sk »

thx so much for quick respons

but I have another problem, Blender can´t import this .obj files (I tried 3, adder, anaconda and krait, saved in PC right click-> Save Link As...) and online converter have problem with this .obj files too (I need .dae file for import to sketchup), but I try ask about that in Blender 3d Modeling Tutorials
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

What you did is not correct. On each file, click to view it, then click the "Raw" button, which will give you a page that you can copy in its entirety and paste in a text editor, then save as an obj file.

Alternatively, go to https://github.com/OoliteProject/oolite-assets, click the green button and select the Download zip option. Then you should be able to find the obj files inside the downloaded package.
toudi_sk
Competent
Competent

Post by toudi_sk »

many thanks, RAW method works fine Image