Boast your buttons

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

LtColKay
Average
Average

Boast your buttons

Post by LtColKay »

Hi all. I took a sabbatical from flying my lightly scuffed CIII for a couple of years and did things like get married, buy a house and so on. Now I have a Study in which to Play I am getting back into some games that I love. Like Oolite.

I already overcame most of my problems and even found some old savegames. However, one thing eludes me: I've got a (cheap) Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X joystick - the one without the separate throttle stick and I'm not sure how I should map the controls in a way that seems natural. Other than the obvious flight and fire controls, I never end up using any of the other buttons but keep my left hand on the keyboard instead.

Can you suggest some button layouts for this that feel natural to use?
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Boast your buttons

Post by Cody »

LtColKay wrote:
Other than the obvious flight and fire controls, I never end up using any of the other buttons but keep my left hand on the keyboard instead.
That's pretty much how I operate with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I have some stuff mapped to its base buttons, but when the left hand is on the keyboard anyway, it's easier/quicker to use that. The 3D Pro has a throttle, but I prefer using the A/S keys for that.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!