Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Cody

Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Elite '4' Dangerous

Post by Alex »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Nope.. you can play a kind of single-player mode, but you still need an internet connection, and the wider actions of others (such as wars, or changing a system's political allegiance) will still affect your game. Basically, you still share the same universe as everyone else, even though you and other players don't see or directly influence each another.
Well the internet connection isn't a problem, I'm one of the few here to have an optic link right into the house.
(Still suprisingly slow. Rarely see over 1Mb/s. Kid bro in UK often boasts >80Mb/s, little s***.)

Still a game buster for me.
I sometimes go weeks or even a couple of months between Oo binges. And like my Ooniverse to be exactly as I left it.
Sounds like I could park in some nice stable system and come back to well Anarchy.
Amazing graphics aside, well not that my machine can run them anyway. Busted.
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!
Geraldine
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Sunny Scotland. Anarchy System Tech Level 0 No Police Presence. Enter At Own Risk!

Post by Geraldine »

drew wrote:
I would agree with Selezen though. It does look awesome. If we could have that game engine, with the participative nature of Oolite and a full time time of crack writers and OXP-ers (or whatever they're called now) - Perfection.

Cheers,

Drew.
That was something I too hoped for back in the early Kickstarter days: like Oolite but with mega graphics, modding on a grand scale and tons of lore to explore too. The game as it is can be fun though. The end of that mad Hutton Mug Community Goal was something to behold, likely my best moment so far in the game. Perhaps one day FD will give us that game we here dreamed about, the game us older players really wanted. But there is a silver lining in all this, Oolite has not been made redundant, it's still here and as good as it ever was, better even in many ways. 8)
Geraldine
Elite IV Is Released. Now Keeping The Faith in Oolite, Pioneer & FFE3D :D
spud42
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spud42 »

Alex wrote:
Diziet Sma wrote:
Nope.. you can play a kind of single-player mode, but you still need an internet connection, and the wider actions of others (such as wars, or changing a system's political allegiance) will still affect your game. Basically, you still share the same universe as everyone else, even though you and other players don't see or directly influence each another.
Well the internet connection isn't a problem, I'm one of the few here to have an optic link right into the house.
(Still suprisingly slow. Rarely see over 1Mb/s. Kid bro in UK often boasts >80Mb/s, little s***.)

Still a game buster for me.
I sometimes go weeks or even a couple of months between Oo binges. And like my Ooniverse to be exactly as I left it.
Sounds like I could park in some nice stable system and come back to well Anarchy.
Amazing graphics aside, well not that my machine can run them anyway. Busted.
i got NBN fibre to the home, paying for 100/40 through telstra.... speedtest says 97down 38 up but i only get that on speed test.... actual web surfing is variable and can be slow. downloading "Debian iso's"... best i saw was 7.8MB/s but mostly the max i get is between 2MB/s and 4MB/s......
Arthur: OK. Leave this to me. I'm British. I know how to queue.
OR i could go with
Arthur Dent: I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.
or simply