No-shaders Staer9?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: No-shaders Staer9?

Post by spara »

Smivs wrote:
...Norby's suggestion of two pulse lasers seems sensible, and maybe just don't have a player version - perhaps it should just be a rare 'customised' pirate NPC.
For now it shall be a rare (original was only with 0.2 weight and I'm weighting it again to match that) and there will be no player version available. That can naturally be discussed, but to TBH, there are quite a few ships to choose from and leaving two, Cat and Iguana, out doesn't seem too hurt much. I just can't get over the characteristic twin laser thingy, sorry. I left the two beams in as this will be a rare and deadly opponent. At least for now.
Smivs wrote:
It does sound like the wiki is a bit vague or messy as well doesn't it? I'm sure once you (spara if you are going to do this) have sorted the ships out, rationalising the wiki entries for these would be welcomed.
Bugger :( . I hate doing that, but I'll try to find strength to do that at some point.

And on to the next ship. After a good night sleep...
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: aboard the Laenina Crowne - Yasen-N class space freighter

Post by Amah »

Hi folks,

Sorry for the long delay. Apart from RL, some trouble upgrading to KDE/KF5(I'm still recovering from), I was busy again with another pet project of mine...[https://github.com/mldoering/uade-mld-git]

I'll dig through the forum and see for the bug reports and will eventually get back to the STAER9's cat to finish the noshader oxz bundle.

cheers

Amah
Amah
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

I appreciate the good work you are doing Amah, I wondered however, while we are waiting , does the old Staer 9 Shipset work in the current version of Oolite...I only ask because I can't see it in the Add on Manager... PS. I seem to remember the scaling on the Staer 9 Asp being malproportionately big in relation to it's actual specs.
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Amah »

The old one is using the old roles (pre 1.79, iirc), so they might work with the compatibility oxz for old ships... but also they might not.

But I have (apart from the cat and Staer9's ophidian, I use Griff's myself) all others online as oxp: --> https://app.box.com/s/hnlgz5ltoi3olqk0k1kz

They should alls work iirc. At least I did'nt run into trouble yet while playing. Even Respray.oxz works with it, as it seems.

As for installing oxps: Unpack them, and put the resulting oxp folder, e.g. noshaders_staer9_bushmaster_v1.0.1.oxp into the Addons folder (here on Linux I can find it at my /home/username/.Oolite/Addons/ )

hope I could help, if if doesn't work, just get back :-)
cheers

Amah

Ps. the other project I was mumbling about was a retro Amiga music engine... Among other things it plays Amiga Elite and frontier title/ingame music:-)
Amah
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Amah wrote:
Ps. the other project I was mumbling about was a retro Amiga music engine...
Yes, I checked it out.. very cool..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Amah »

Hej folks,

I'm currently converting staer9 cat for my noshader ships (I put a first screenshot of the current look on the discussion there, comments welcome).

So I'm interested in thoughts how to adjust the stats, and to be synced with your work spara.

Amah
Last edited by Amah on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amah
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Amah wrote:
how to adjust the stats
Imho the first who is ready to take the whole work has the right to build the first version, then others can comment it. I will be happy with any solution mentioned above, and even more if you or spara take the job.