Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

== ++XGSBH .. ++TRANSMISSION INCOMING++

Writings and chronicles of the OOniverse.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

== ++XGSBH .. ++TRANSMISSION INCOMING++

Post by JazHaz »

Message begins:

Hello there, sorry to interrupt what you were doing. I'm Cmdr JazHaz.

Due to my advanced age, I like to explore space by watching other Cmdrs progress. At some point in your life you have to accept your body's aging processes and your reaction times slowing down. Either you get killed by some young punk in an Asp or you decide to land on a nice low-gravity world and become semi-retired like me.

I thought I'd hitch a ride in your cargo bay, by using my nanosized hologram projector. I can sit in my home here in Diso and watch your flight via the Galnet-interstellar Twitch web.

I'm a Founder member and I own an antique Cobra Mk. III model "1984" vintage. With my knowledge of my Cobra's systems backdoor (called a "BBC Model B") enabled me to sneak my nano holo projector into your cargo bay. Don't worry, it won't take up any space, and it will implode by self-destruct leaving nothing but gas which your cargo-bay's air processors will take care of.

We're spoiled in these days of frameshift drives, you can actually travel many hundreds if not thousands of lightyears. I remember the good old days of faraway transits, even before the witchspace drives, but human space was tiny then compared to now, with only 8,000 colonised worlds, administered by the old Galcop organisation.

Faraway transits, for those who are too young to know, were very difficult. You had to fly to a single exit location in each solar system, before you could enter the faraway tunnel, which was artificially produced with external satellites. You can read an excellent description of Faraway in the fabled book "The Dark Wheel" by Robert Holdstock. When Witchspace drives were invented you could jump from anywhere in a system, which you can still do with today's Frameshift drives. This has reduced travel time from weeks (Faraway) via hours (Witchspace) to seconds (Frameshift).

Anyway, I'm rambling on. My excuse is that I'm an old man.

I just wanted to say hello Cmdr, and wish you good luck in your exploration of the ED Universe. Remember, I am watching!!

Message ends.

++TRANSMISSION CEASED++
Last edited by JazHaz on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: == ++XGSBH .. ++TRANSMISSION INCOMING++

Post by JazHaz »

Lol. The previous message, is my attempt at writing "in character" a profile text on the Elite Dangerous wiki. I'm quite happy with the result, but thought I would also share it with you.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!