Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Q about Ionics mission spoilers

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

themacman
Competent
Competent

Q about Ionics mission spoilers

Post by themacman »

So I'm in the middle of the mission and I just went back to the Link base and dropped off the equipment now my mission is to:

"seek and destroy Ramazan government vessels."

What do they look like and where are they?

I went to Zaria to sell some stuff and came back to Ramaza to find that there were a ton of ships right at the witchspace buoy. I killed all the offenders and went to the station at Ramaza and nothing happened. What am I suppose to do now?
B-räd

Mac OS X and Windows on the best machine, http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

The ships vary between Redbacks and Whitetails(?), and weapon factory platforms. There are about 190 of them all told and each time you visit the link base you are updated. I mostly encountered them by the coriolis but they are to be found throughout Ramaza space. Took a long time to get all of them. I just carrried on with normal trading, going I think between Zaria and Ramaza, and the link base. Factory platforms just sit about, ofen with a few link vessels en route to attack. Be aware that you will often find yourself attacking Government vessels in the aegis zone, so be prepared for a few Vipers too.
Certainly knocks your kill score up a few notches.
This is just what I recall happens from the oxp but it was fun. Enjoy yourself.
Nuke 'em 'til they glow; then shoot 'em in the dark!
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

fly to the Link base and then towards the station, that's one of the routes you'll encounter them.

id says something like government vessel, and they are purple blips in the scanner
Cmdr Monte
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cmdr Monte »

i'm having a lot of fun tracking down and eliminating the Ramazan bad guys.

There's a bit of a bug I've noticed. If I get in trouble with the Ramazan authorities for shooting people in the safe zone, I get fined when I dock at the link station.
themacman
Competent
Competent

Post by themacman »

I don't get fined, but they won't let me in if I'm a fugitive, which is going to happen since a lot of them are right next to the Calcops.
B-räd

Commodore Sics D'fore
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Commodore Sics D'fore »

Is this related to the deal where you are to destroy the "Ionics Funnelweb"?

I did that, and was congratulated when I got back to Ramaza, but nothing else has happened... Is something else imminent?
I am not a number! I am a free man! ... Oh what the heck. You can call me Sics.
Cmdr Monte
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cmdr Monte »

Go back to Zaria and read the news, at least that's what I did.
Cmdr Monte
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cmdr Monte »

I just got fined again. This time, after docking at the link station and getting my legal status cleaned I flew to Zaria for a bit of trading, docked at Zaria and got fined, a LOT of money 3000 Cr AND they made me clean up after the treeoids again. I don't reckon much to this record cleaning business.
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

fines and legal-status are two seperate (if related) things.
Riding the Rocket!
Cmdr Monte
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cmdr Monte »

Then perhaps this is could be considered a bug in the ionics OXP?
Commodore Sics D'fore
Dangerous
Dangerous

Cmdr Monte wrote:
Go back to Zaria and read the news, at least that's what I did.
Duh. I should have thought of that.

Anyway, now that I have done it, I am told the Link base coordinates are loaded into my compass.... but I don't see any icon for it. I scrolled through all the other stuff (W, N, D, C, star, planet, station....) but it's not there. I tried docking and re-launching... nothing. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a buggy situation? If I am still missing something, don't tell me yet. I'll try to figure it out.
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

Umm which planet are you looking for it at?

Think it's "L" on the Adv Space Compass
Nuke 'em 'til they glow; then shoot 'em in the dark!
Commodore Sics D'fore
Dangerous
Dangerous

Ah. I was looking for it at Bebege, the one that is described as being "rumored to be the home of the Link". I had seen that description before, and assumed (ass= U and me... actually, just me) that it was where the base was. I didn't even check my compass when I was at Ramaza before, where you get the message about it. Ha. Alright. I am back at Ramaza and back on track, headed to the base.

Well, I've learned my lesson; the next time I am stuck on something, the first thing I will do is check to see if there is some other planet that I might need to be at! That's twice I have just been in the wrong place!
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

What I've noticed about the Ramazan hunt is that even when there are four or five of them on my radar, when I attack one they don't help their comrade out. This contrasts with what happened the Cevara run, when they hunted me very effectively in packs of four or five. What's more, the RLF and Link vessels don't seem to do very much; their numbers stay the same and the tally of Ramazan vessels only falls when I do the killing. Should this be happening? Right now it doesn't feel much like a war.
themacman
Competent
Competent

Post by themacman »

I noticed this too, I've also noticed that sometimes (actually very rarely) there will be one or two less Link or RFL ships, but never less government ships. I feel like I have to do all the work, which is fun, but can get repetitive.
B-räd