Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Armoury OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Armoury OXP

Post by spara »

Looks like Armoury gave me freebie Target Autolock.

I was flying my Adder with no extra equipment installed, I had even sold my pulse laser away. Then suddenly when I lock target for id, the lollipop starts to flash in cyan/white. I dock and save. After checking the save-file, I find out that something has set missionVariables.targetAutolock to true. And the guilty one seems to be armoury_interdictorMine.js from Armoury. My guess is that a ship spawned with interdictorMine and the shipSpawned function first did this:

Code: Select all

this.autolockFlag = "STOPPED";
		missionVariables.targetAutolock = null;
Then I enter witchspace and the script did this:

this.autolockFlag = "NULL";
		missionVariables.targetAutolock = "TRUE";
And as a result, I got nice free Target Autolock :D.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Hmm, can't have that. Will tweak it later.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Yes, line 14 of the script needs to be changed from

if(worldScripts["targetAutolock"])
to

if(worldScripts["targetAutolock"] && missionVariables.targetAutolock === "TRUE")
I've just uploaded v1.13 with the fix - download via the usual links below. Thanks for the heads-up.[/color]
DaveG
Competent
Competent

Post by DaveG »

Minor bug report I've only just discovered - btw, I love my little thargons - is it normal to feel a little sad when I lose contact??!

Anyway - I've just bought a new ship - changed a Falcon for a Caddy (not sure whether to keep it!) and i lost my captured Thargon defense in the process. All fine, and I was prepared for purchasing new, but it wasn't on offer (at a TL14). Odd I htought - are they incompatible?

I checked the scripts and realised it was only offered if the number of robot fighters was 0 (makes sense) but when I lost my pylon mount, my save game wasn't updated to show I lost my thargons as well!

All fixed by setting the CT-thargon count key (or whatever it is) to 0, and then I could buy it.

Not sure if theres anything you can do about it, and it probably doesn't show up much!

Cheers

Dave
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Thanks - I'll fix that at the next OXP update. As you say it's a very specific case, but one that should be covered.

Not sure when that'll be though. Might have to think up a few more items to add to make a new release worthwhile.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

I think I too may have had that problem.
Falcon777
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Falcon777 »

Soooooo...I decided to try out the void bomb, just to give it a whirl. It didn't end up very pretty for me as even with military grade injectors and a ship that's a decent bit faster than the cobra mk III I still couldn't escape it's gravity pull. Is there any way there could be a timer on the thing where it doesn't detonate for a few seconds? Otherwise there's very little point in purchasing one.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Were you momentarily stationary when you deployed it? Because otherwise it will have the same vector and velocity as your ship at the time of triggering it.

The same thing can happen if you use a Quirium Mine.. it's rather embarrassing when you discover that the damn thing isn't where you thought you left it, and that it is, in fact, chasing you!
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Diziet Sma wrote:
The same thing can happen if you use a Quirium Mine.. it's rather embarrassing when you discover that the damn thing isn't where you thought you left it, and that it is, in fact, chasing you!
With sufficient practice that can be used to your advantage, of course: hit the injectors, deploy the mine, and then flip 180 and keep injecting as the mine goes sailing at high speed into whatever it was you wanted dead.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Oh, and just for completeness (and to answer the original point made) - the void bomb does have a delay on it before triggering (randomly between 4-6 seconds in duration).

The exception being if it is hit by an ECM pulse, which has a 50% chance of triggering it immediately per pulse.
Falcon777
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Falcon777 »

Ah, I see. I'll try that tactic with the injectors next time then. Thanks! :)

(Maybe then I'll actually manage to capture those stupid thargoids without getting pummeled to death from their lasers because of my ship not going anywhere.)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Falcon777 wrote:
(Maybe then I'll actually manage to capture those stupid thargoids without getting pummeled to death from their lasers because of my ship not going anywhere.)
Spoilsport - it saves us time not having to tenderise and then roast our dinner... :twisted:
Rese249er
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rese249er »

Had a thought today and decided to let more experienced OXZ wriiters have a crack at it before I go hurting my brain trying to puzzle it out.
With Armoury OXP, we have a combat drone and an anti-Thargoid drone. I'm not sure what weaponry is installed on them, but is it possible one of you could mount a mining laser on one and have it crack rocks for me?
I don't want them to scoop the splinters, just crack the rocks. Although combining this with Cargo Shepherd has some interesting possibilities now that I think of it...
Anyway, thoughts appreciated and of course I'd be happy to playtest it. Right now I have the stable 1.80 release installed, but if using this drone means installing trunk, so be it.
Got all turned around, lost my nav connection... Where am I now?
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Rese249er wrote:
mount a mining laser on one and have it crack rocks for me?
I don't want them to scoop the splinters, just crack the rocks.
Check this: [wiki]Miner_Pod_OXP[/wiki]. You still need to scoop the pod itself with the minerals, but if you really want to scoop all splinters severally then replace the word performCollect to "setStateTo: LOOK_FOR_ROCKS" (including quotation marks) in every .plist in the AIs subfolder. This will order the pod to break the next rock instead of collecting splinters.
Rese249er
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rese249er »

Great! But I seem to have lost my AddOns folder... Where is it with a 1.80 intall on Linux?
Got all turned around, lost my nav connection... Where am I now?