Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Trunk nightly

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Trunk nightly

Post by cim »

Cody wrote:
Once again, it had launched from a Torus station - possible connection?
Possibly. There may be something where launches from old stations don't correctly initialise new AIs.
Venator Dha wrote:
Oolite hangs when attempting to jump from Lemaed to Ausis in Gal2
Thanks - will be fixed in tonight's build
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

It won't save again. Here is my log for auto-save...

Code: Select all

22:50:57.275 [exception]: 

***** Handling exception: NSInvalidArgumentException : Tried to add nil value for key 'aft_weapon_type' to dictionary *****

22:50:57.275 [exception]: ***** Exception in pollDockedControls [GUI keys]: NSInvalidArgumentException : Tried to add nil value for key 'aft_weapon_type' to dictionary
And for plain save...

22:53:33.697 [exception]: ***** Exception in pollDockedControls [GUI keys]: NSInvalidArgumentException : Tried to add nil value for key 'aft_weapon_type' to dictionary
22:53:33.705 [gnustep]: 2014-11-08 22:53:33.705 oolite[5851] [GSMutableString-stringByAppendingPathExtension:] cannot append extension 'oolite-save' to empty string
I am currently in a Seedy Space Bar. I launched and checked my aft weapon, and it works normally.
Since my last save, I have flown in with an Anaconda from the ITHA OXP, managed to let the pirates destroy her, (obviously these pilots have never heard the phrase "Discretion is the better part of valor") destroyed the ships of a few of the pirates, ignored the ones that were no longer within scanner range, scooped a few pods, docked with the Space Bar, (after bouncing off the docking bay once... :oops: Thank goodness for Military shields!) and agreed to an annihilation contract. Oh, and bought fuel.
Also, I cannot see the ships in the shipyard, or any of the information. The names of the ships are visible, as is the price, but the cargo capacity, speed, list of extra equipment, and the spinning model are not there.
One more thing. Between the auto- and standard save attempts I launched to check the laser. There is in the log file between the two error messages something about a timer being garbage collected...

22:52:36.062 [script.javaScript.unrootedTimer]: ----- WARNING: Timer <OOJSTimer 0xc80ad90>{nextTime: 6740.09, interval: 0.25, running, function: anonymous} is being garbage-collected while still running. You must keep a reference to all running timers, or they will stop unpredictably!
Hrm. This is interesting...

23:08:30.976 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (shipversion 1.21): Error: Native exception: Tried to add nil value for key 'aft_weapon_type' to dictionary
Could that be the cause? Or is is just a symptom?

Also, while I'm here talking about the log file, how do I suppress messages about deprecated OXP standards? They are making it hard to find important things in the log file...

Oh yes. I am using "Oolite development version 1.81.0.6209-141108-7b83555 (x86-64 test release) under Linux 3.16-2-amd64." (To quote the log file.)
"May Duralium ever stand between you and the Vacuum."
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Thanks for the extra report. This doesn't make much sense - the error message you're getting implies that your aft weapon information has become corrupted, and yet it's still showing up correctly on your equipment list and still works properly when fired...

If you have the debug console installed, what happens when you type PS.aftWeapon and PS.aftWeapon.equipmentKey ? (If you don't have the debug console running already when this happens, start the debug console, pause the game while in flight, then press 'c' to connect the debug console)
SirArian wrote:
Also, while I'm here talking about the log file, how do I suppress messages about deprecated OXP standards? They are making it hard to find important things in the log file...
Set the [EliteWiki] hidden setting enforce-oxp-standards to 0
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

cim wrote:
If you have the debug console installed, what happens when...
PS.aftWeapon returns [EquipmentInfo EQ_WEAPON_MILITARY_LASER "Military Laser"] and PS.aftWeapon.equipmentKey returns EQ_WEAPON_MILITARY_LASER.

I don't know if it is important, but after dying and reloading the previous save it works fine. I'll see if I can replicate what I did and see if it will do the same thing again. (If I can manage to get another ITHA contract... The ones offered are not persistent across saves, it seems.)
cim wrote:
Set the [EliteWiki] hidden setting enforce-oxp-standards to 0
Thanks! That's much better.
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

SirArian wrote:
I don't know if it is important, but after dying and reloading the previous save it works fine. I'll see if I can replicate what I did and see if it will do the same thing again. (If I can manage to get another ITHA contract... The ones offered are not persistent across saves, it seems.)
Just do a testsave AFTER accepting the next contract.

OXPs : My user page

Retired, reachable at [email protected]
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

I think I've found it, and why I never saw it. I think the problems saving only happen after you scan a wormhole, correct? If so, should be fixed in tonight's build. My test commander doesn't have a Wormhole Scanner fitted...
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

cim wrote:
I think the problems saving only happen after you scan a wormhole, correct?
I scan wormholes at almost every opportunity, so that could be correct - but would it occur immediately after scanning a wormhole (at next save)?
You see, the last time it happened I don't think I had scanned the wormhole (prior to misjumping it across the Rift), as there was no need.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Cody wrote:
You see, the last time it happened I don't think I had scanned the wormhole (prior to misjumping it across the Rift), as there was no need.
Travelling through the wormhole might also count, yes.
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

cim wrote:
I think the problems saving only happen after you scan a wormhole, correct?
Like Cody, I too scan every wormhole I come across, but I do not know for sure if it only happens after scanning wormholes. I do know that the most recent time it was right after scanning a wormhole though. (Partly anyway. I already knew I wanted to go there, so I didn't bother waiting to let it scan fully.)
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

Trunk has been crashing on me a bunch lately. (Meaning today and yesterday.) Nothing in the log. (Other than the normal, and something about [col.debug]. If that's important I can post it, but it doesn't look important.) I opened it through the terminal, and got this error message when it crashed.

*** Error in `./oolite.app/oolite': double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x00000000079f79c0 ***
Aborted
Oolite trunk latest, 64 bit linux.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

SirArian wrote:
and something about [col.debug]
Fixed that one - just a debug statement I put in while checking some new code and forgot to remove.

I'll keep a look out for the crash here - is there anything in particular you do before it happens? If it's just regular events, could you try a Strict Mode game and see it happens then as well, to rule out something in the OXP processing code.
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

cim wrote:
Fixed that one - just a debug statement I put in while checking some new code and forgot to remove.
That's what I thought. :)
cim wrote:
I'll keep a look out for the crash here - is there anything in particular you do before it happens? If it's just regular events, could you try a Strict Mode game and see it happens then as well, to rule out something in the OXP processing code.
I don't think there was anything in particular that triggered it. Nothing that I noticed, anyway. I'll do a strict mode game for a while and see if it happens with that one.
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

cim wrote:
Could you try a Strict Mode game and see it happens then as well[?]
I played a strict mode game for a while, and it crashed with the same error. This is before updating it today, so it is Thursday's version. I did update it after it crashed, and will let you know if it crashes with today's version.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Thanks. (No need to retest yet - I haven't found this bug myself, so there's unlikely to be anything in the recent builds which fixes it)
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

Something has changed with the level vipers will attack offenders when they launch from the station. If I launch with 1TC of slaves I will now be attacked. Tested this with strict mode does not happen with build from 141109, but does with 141201 & 141205 builds (on Mac). Is this an expected change?
I've also noticed that several traders will hostile me then run away. Might this be linked? Quite liked the idea of nervous traders.
Taurus Driving through the galaxy since... .