Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Where'd my 2TC go?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Where'd my 2TC go?

Post by Bogatyr »

I went on a huge equipment buying binge after scoring big at a Feudal Hunting Lodge, and all of a sudden I find that my cargo capacity has fallen from 35TC to 33TC. I can't find which piece of eqp has taken those 2tc, I've been over the equipment installer comments, tried to sell things (you can't uninstall everything apparently!), but I can't for the life of me find what piece of equip took those 2 tc!

Can I find this in my save file somehow?
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: Where'd my 2TC go?

Post by Norby »

Not in your savegame but in an equipment.plist which contain a requires_cargo_space=2 setting. My search show only the Missile Machine in Armoury OXP.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Norby wrote:
Not in your savegame but in an equipment.plist which contain a requires_cargo_space=2 setting. My search show only the Missile Machine in Armoury OXP.
I wonder if my ship got corrupted somehow? I've sold all my cargo, ejected from an escape pod, sold all the equipment that I can sell or uninstall at a tech 15 planet, checked F5 F5 and don't see anything there taking hold space....

How can I check if my ship's capacity got reduced? Is there some debug console code I could try to diagnose this? I suppose I could give myself cash, buy a new cobra, and reduce my cash back to where it was before the corruption...?

Still would like to figure out what really happened.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

With the debug console...

Code: Select all

P.replaceShip("cobra3-player");
will swap your current ship for a Cobra III with no equipment, for an easy way out

This one will write to your log each piece of installed equipment and whether it needs cargo space.

Code: Select all

for (i=PS.equipment.length-1;i>=0;i--) { log(PS.equipment[i].equipmentKey,PS.equipment[i].requiredCargoSpace); }
(It should write how much cargo space it needs - that bug will be fixed)
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Bogatyr wrote:
Norby wrote:
I wonder if my ship got corrupted somehow? I've sold all my cargo, ejected from an escape pod, sold all the equipment that I can sell or uninstall at a tech 15 planet, checked F5 F5 and don't see anything there taking hold space....

How can I check if my ship's capacity got reduced? Is there some debug console code I could try to diagnose this? I suppose I could give myself cash, buy a new cobra, and reduce my cash back to where it was before the corruption...?

Still would like to figure out what really happened.
OK figured it out when re-purchasing after buying a new ship and rebuying the kit. It was the self-repair system. Any system that can be bought should come with a removal option, especially those that take cargo space, seems like a bug. Equipment that takes up cargo space should also advertise this fact somewhere after it's been bought.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Bogatyr wrote:
Equipment that takes up cargo space should also advertise this fact somewhere after it's been bought.
Personally, I'd prefer it was advertised BEFORE it was bought.. that way, one can make an informed decision about purchase.
Norby wrote:
Think I might adjust my copy of the MM.. if it's going to take up cargo space, I don't see that it should also need to occupy a missile slot.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Personally, I'd prefer it was advertised BEFORE it was bought.. that way, one can make an informed decision about purchase.
Well it did in fact (but not in the OXP wiki and not in the install OXZ GUI) in game before purchase. But like I said, I did a big purchase really fast without reading the detailed descriptions, and afterwards there was no way to remove it or find out that it was taking up space at all.
Neelix
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Neelix »

This one also had me mystified when I switched to the OXZ version of it, because the previous OXP version I had been using didn't actually *have* a cargo space requirement. I eventually found it only by trawling through the equipment plists in each installed OXP to see which piece of equipment was responsible.

- Neelix
Talaxian Enterprises: [wiki]Vacuum Pump[/wiki] [wiki]Waypoint Here[/wiki]
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Cargo space usage by (OXP) equipment is a relatively recent introduction to the core game itself, so it hasn't been in OXPs for that long (including Armoury). That may explain why you've only just encountered it, especially if you hadn't kept up with the OXP version-up (it has been in the last version or two of Armoury OXP too).