Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

ZygoUgo's OXPs!

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: ZygoUgo's OXPs!

Post by Cody »

This is probably the most beautiful nebula that I've seen (I've upped the ambient light a tad in my copy of Cinematic Skies, btw).
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Updated links for OXZ versions in first post
@Cody; Well thankee sir, hopefully they are mixing together enough for peoples variation pleasure
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

ZygoUgo wrote:
Updated links for OXZ versions in first post
When will we see them in the expansion manager?
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Hey Spara, should be soon, I'll bump the thread when its done

EDIT: Hmmm, what am I doing wrong here, I've added the manifest .plist and the oxz doesn't seem to be working..?
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

When you do a new release, you could look at these errors:

Code: Select all

00:00:46.031 [texture.load.png.error]: ***** A PNG loading error occurred for /Users/ericwalch/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/ZygoRoids v1.oxp/Textures/WhiteSparkles.png: bad adaptive filter value.
00:00:46.089 [texture.load.png.error]: ***** A PNG loading error occurred for /Users/ericwalch/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/ZygoRoids v1.oxp/Textures/White.png: bad adaptive filter value.
00:01:02.978 [texture.load.png.error]: ***** A PNG loading error occurred for /Users/ericwalch/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/ZygoRoids v1.oxp/Textures/ASTbDIFFUSE.png: bad adaptive filter value.
These errors only happen on the Mac, so you don't see them. The source of the error is that the graphic library used by Oolite does not handle 'interlaced' graphics. There is also no need to save graphic files in an interlaced format. That format only makes sense when you start showing the textures before they are fully loaded in memory.
The png files only need to be loaded and saved again in normal format. Currently some of your asteroids are just black on the Mac.

PS. more oxp suffer from this. Do a forum search on "interlaced".
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Thanks for the heads up, I'll do that as soon as I've figured out what I'm doing wrong, is there a guide to how to set your OXZ up with the manifest? It's either that or something in my shipdata's are out of date
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Is this your first conversion? It can be a bit tricky to start with, but once you understand the system it is pretty straightforward.
In detail, what have you done so far?
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

ZygoUgo wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, I'll do that as soon as I've figured out what I'm doing wrong, is there a guide to how to set your OXZ up with the manifest? It's either that or something in my shipdata's are out of date
Do you have the account for the Expansion Pack Manager? You'll need that first. Here's my workflow when using wiki as oxz host:

1. Add new draft manifest entry to the Manager. Fill in all the required fields except the download_url. Add other fields as you please, leaving file_size empty.
2. Press "Update manifest" button at the bottom, it creates you a manifest to the bottom of the page.
3. Create manifest.plist file to the root of your oxp and copy the created manifest text from the manager to the created file.
4. Zip the oxp folder so that there is no *.oxp folder inside the zip. The zip-file must contain manifest.plist and the folders of the oxp, Config, Textures etc. Rename the the from *.zip to *oxz.
5. Upload the oxz to the wiki.
6. Write down the url to the uploaded file. You can see the url by hovering the mouse over the link. Url will be something like http://wiki.alioth.net/img_auth.php/3/3f/Sb-faves_1.0.1.oxz.
7. Copy that url to the manager and fill in the file_size of the oxz.
8. Change the status of the manifest from draft to active and press "Update manifest".

You might want to check that the oxz downloads from the game.
Last edited by spara on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Following spara's excellent advice earlier, that is also how I work.
Don't forget to set the Manager manifest.plist to 'Active' as it defaults at start to 'Draft'.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

spara wrote:
4. Zip the oxp folder so that there is no *.oxp folder inside the zip. The zip-file must contain manifest.plist and the folders of the oxp, Config, Textures etc. Rename the the from *.zip to *oxz.
4.5: place the .oxz file in your AddOns folder, remove any OXP folder for the same expansion, and check that it still works!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

cim wrote:
spara wrote:
4.5: place the .oxz file in your AddOns folder, remove any OXP folder for the same expansion, and check that it still works!
Ha, I develop/convert/fix it as an OXP in AddOns, then when it is all good it gets removed from AddOns and OXZified. Once the OXZ is uploaded etc I'll download it via the Manager as a final check.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Okay, dumb question: to where do I upload an OXZ to the Wiki? Any specific place?
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

No, just open the upload page (from the side bar) and browse to it on your computer, then upload it.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Oh dear.. Cody's been bitten by The Dark Side again.. :lol:

Welcome home.. the Hotel California has nothing on us!
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Thanks guys, I was about to upload with my mediafire link :)