Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

custsounds.oxp

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Dark1
Above Average
Above Average

custsounds.oxp

Post by Dark1 »

Got the custsounds.oxp installed, which is nice. But is it just me, or are some of them not working? Of ones I've noticed, the docking/whichspace jump whoosh is now mute, as is the ECM sound.

What I presume is the appropriate ogg sounds are in the package, and they play, but the game just doesn't use them. This is wrong, surely, innit?
This message was brought to you by the Dark 1 - Have a nice day!
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

Pretty sure there is something with the ECM - along the lines of Countermeasures activated"

Is it just me or does the weapon overheating sound like cabin overheating?

Can you change the sound for target lost - that whoop whoop siren makes me think a misslie has been launched.
Nuke 'em 'til they glow; then shoot 'em in the dark!
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

Some of the custom sounds in the OXP are simply too long to use as sound effects (they seem to play entire music tracks as well as just a spot effect)and don't load properly.

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out to milinks yet.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
milinks
Deadly
Deadly

Post by milinks »

Yeah, i'm aware of the issues with the length of some of the files :oops: The OXP was really designed as an example of the possibilities of further effects. As such to get a feel for backing music in space i had to use long sound files, gauging the silences etc. The whole thing was really a kind of stocking filler up to when Giles had time to slip in some more of the ones i and others suggested. Ive been working on a mission oxp which should be finished soon, and then I'll put out a better customsounds.oxp :) Thanks for downloading it Dark1 and others, all comments are welcome, and needed to strive us to do better. Damn that sounds like a throw back to my form teacher at school! :wink:
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

A possible quick fix would be to raise the in-memory limit in the Mac sound code for the upcoming release. (kMaxDecodeSize declared in OOCASoundDecoder.m)
Al
Poor
Poor

Post by Al »

If there are effects don't like, can I just delete the relevant sound file, or will this cause problems when it can't find the file?

Cheers,

Alan
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

Al wrote:
If there are effects don't like, can I just delete the relevant sound file, or will this cause problems when it can't find the file?
You can just delete it.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!