Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

No ships for purchase

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

SARR
Competent
Competent

No ships for purchase

Post by SARR »

Hello,

I am new to oolite and currently looking for a better ship. A few days ago I discovered, that a tech 12 planet (Ensorus or something like that in Galaxy1), which I use as my "base" has no more ships for sale, although there were plenty of ships a few days ago. If I fly to another tec12 system, there a some ships for sale, but not as many as there used to be. Quitting the game and restaring it had no effect, neither had clearing the cache. Could any oxp have caused the problem or does it happen regularly that stations run out of ships?

Greez sarr
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: No ships for purchase

Post by Commander McLane »

Hi, SARR, and first of all welcome to The Friendliest Boards This Side Of Riedquat™! :D

There is a slow turnover in the shipyards, and it is possible to have an empty shipyard. In this case I'd suggest you fly around a little, visit some other high TL systems, and when you come back to Ensorus in a couple of weeks (game clock) there'll be new ships on offer. :)
Boomzilla
Poor
Poor

Post by Boomzilla »

so this is cheating, but I have limited free time and don't want to fly from dock to dock just looking for a ship I want to buy..
I found that if I switched between the griffs ships addition and the griffs ships replacement in the addons directory it would reload the shipyard on bootup.
SARR
Competent
Competent

Post by SARR »

Commander McLane wrote:
Hi, SARR, and first of all welcome to The Friendliest Boards This Side Of Riedquat™! :D

There is a slow turnover in the shipyards, and it is possible to have an empty shipyard. In this case I'd suggest you fly around a little, visit some other high TL systems, and when you come back to Ensorus in a couple of weeks (game clock) there'll be new ships on offer. :)

Well thanks, that worked. I took a little trip to some other planets and finally there were again ships for sale -even at Ensorus. Guess the stations just ran out of ships for some time. Mayby I destroyed too many pirate ships, so that the survivors had to buy new ones :lol:

Greez SARR