Help us make Oolite more immersive!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Help us make Oolite more immersive!

Post by spara »

Zireael wrote:
An idea so simple that I'm surprised no one thought of it already:
We already have ship.accuracy, so we could display it as the pilot's Elite rank!
There has been discussion about this earlier and if I recall it right, the final thought was that pilots don't want to boast their Elite rank. If it's low, then you don't want everybody to know and take advantage of it. On the other hand, if it's high, you might not want it to be revealed to your opponent too early.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Some more PhraseGen fun with biographies:

Code: Select all

CCL_BioX:{
	fieldA: ["commander","master and commander","owner, master and commander"],
	fieldB: ["Python","Boa","Anaconda","starship","starship","starship","starship","Cobra III","Moray Starboat"],
	fieldC: ["apprentice","deckhand","cook","slave","bonded crewhand","engineer","navigator","swabbie","scutter"],
	fieldD: ["two","three","four","five","six","seven","eight","several","many"],
	fieldE: ["senior","long-standing","lifelong","recent","junior","permanent","voting","erstwhile","sometime","ex-","retired","former","subscribing","affiliated","non-voting","honorary"],
	fieldF: ["network","guild","syndicate","conglomerate","corporation","clan","family","commonwealth","co-prosperity sphere","collective","organisation","hierarchy","trust","bloodline","co-operative","circle","ring","group"],
	fieldG: ["self-described","staunch","lax","intermittent","enthusiastic","strict","passionate","lapsed"],
	fieldH: ["follower of","adherent of","believer in","communicant of","worshipper of","devotee of"],
	fieldI: ["the Church of the Witchspace Lobster","Pandromianism","Winslowism","the Church of the Giles","the Reformed Church of the Giles","the New Reformed Church of the Giles","the Revised Church of the Witchspace Lobster","Eight-Bit Adventurism","the Church of Chaos","Cataholicism","Pastafarianism","Lamianism"],
	fieldJ: ["killed","rescued","saved","apprehended","collected the bounty on","destroyed","was responsible for the death of"],
	fieldK: ["battle","defence","siege","second battle","third battle","fourth battle","auxiliary wing","reserve squadron","Guardians"],
	fieldL: ["was demobilised","was awarded the Bronze Star","was awarded the Silver Star","was awarded the Golden Star","reached the rank of Pilot Third Class","reached the rank of Pilot Second Class","reached the rank of Pilot First Class","was dishonourably discharged","was invalided out"],
	fieldM: ["rumours","several sources","reliable reports","reports","unconfirmed reports","persistent rumours"],
	fieldN: ["smuggling","control of the trade","the trade","the import","the export","monopolisation of the trade","price-fixing"],
	fieldO: ["refuses to comment","has issued a string of denials","has strongly denied this","neither confirms nor denies this"],
	fieldP: ["accomplishments","hobbies","interests","pastimes","enthusiasms","interests","recreations","passions"],
	fieldQ: ["mud tennis","zero-G hockey","zero-G cricket","zero-G karate","mud hockey","swamp rugby","big-game hunting","gyrospiders","racing gyrospiders","sundiving","astrobiology","quantum pool","shuggy","eating","fine dining","drinking","poetry","combat poetry","archaeology","collective harmony","group whistling","pigbaiting","classic starships","Texeonis Fold'em","Four-Way Pellery"],
	fieldR: ["shadowy","quasi-legal","semi-legal","fabled","supposed","illegal","pan-species","banned","forbidden","prohibited"],
	sentences: ["@W, a @h, is the 1 of @i. @n first shipped on board the 2 [CCL_NamesShips] as a 3, serving under Commander @F for 4 years before gaining command of the 2 [CCL_NamesShips]. @n is a 5 member of the @F +6, based out of @S, and is a 7 8 9. A veteran of the {2 of @S, @n 3 }4 years ago. +{4 link @n with 5 of @Z: @n 6. @n's 7 are listed as '8 and 8'. ","@W, a @h and 1 of @i, is a survivor of the {2 of @S. @n converted to }9 following 4 years as a 3 on board the 2 [CCL_NamesShips] under Commander @F. +{4 suggest @n is a }7 member of the {9 @S +}6, although @n {6. Recently, @n 1 @W, following the destruction of the }2 [CCL_NamesShips].","@W, a @h, {3 after seeing action in the 2 of @S. A one-time }8 9, @n's obsession with {8 resulted in expulsion }4 years ago. Whilst serving under Commander @F as a 3 on board the 2 [CCL_NamesShips], @n {1 @W, a @h and a }5 member of the {9 @S }6.","A 7 8 9, @W - a @h - is 1 of @i. With a list of {7 which includes 8, it is perhaps surprising that 4 link @n with 5 of @Z, especially considering that @n 3 after surviving the 2 of @S.","@W, a @h, {1 @F, a }3 on board the 2 [CCL_NamesShips], 4 years ago. @n is listed as a 8 9, although @n {6. It is widely supposed that @n's skill at 8 has assured }5 membership of the [CCL_NamesOther] +6, based out of @S."],
	custom: [0x0],
	splitRules: []
},
Samples:
Jeffrey Talamir, a human colonial, was dishonourably discharged after seeing action in the reserve squadron of Atrabiin. A one-time follower of Cataholicism, Talamir's obsession with group whistling resulted in expulsion many years ago. Whilst serving under Commander Winston as an engineer on board the Anaconda The Old Dolphin, Talamir destroyed Hudley Hotmountain, a human colonial and a subscribing member of the quasi-legal Teaatis group.
Buster Garrisby, a bug-eyed frog, apprehended Drew, a deckhand on board the starship The Merciful Mind, many years ago. Garrisby is listed as a follower of the Reformed Church of the Giles, although Garrisby refuses to comment. It is widely supposed that Garrisby's skill at zero-G cricket has assured long-standing membership of the Foster Thersby Group, based out of Inera.
Ted Lyrburr, a human colonial, is the master and commander of The Predominant Tsunami. Lyrburr first shipped on board the starship The Jade Fullness as a deckhand, serving under Commander Eben for seven years before gaining command of the Moray Starboat The Heart's Lord. Lyrburr is a sometime member of the Nestor Circle, based out of Diusreza, and is an intermittent worshipper of Eight-Bit Adventurism. A veteran of the siege of Sotiqu, Lyrburr was invalided out several years ago. Unconfirmed reports link Lyrburr with the export of Blanching Brain's Tongue Teaser: Lyrburr neither confirms nor denies this. Lyrburr's passions are listed as 'quantum pool and pigbaiting'.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Disembodied wrote:
Some more PhraseGen fun with biographies:

CCL_BioX:{
	fieldA: ["commander","master and commander","owner, master and commander"],
	fieldB: ["Python","Boa","Anaconda","starship","starship","starship","starship","Cobra III","Moray Starboat"],
	fieldC: ["apprentice","deckhand","cook","slave","bonded crewhand","engineer","navigator","swabbie","scutter"],
	fieldD: ["two","three","four","five","six","seven","eight","several","many"],
	fieldE: ["senior","long-standing","lifelong","recent","junior","permanent","voting","erstwhile","sometime","ex-","retired","former","subscribing","affiliated","non-voting","honorary"],
	fieldF: ["network","guild","syndicate","conglomerate","corporation","clan","family","commonwealth","co-prosperity sphere","collective","organisation","hierarchy","trust","bloodline","co-operative","circle","ring","group"],
	fieldG: ["self-described","staunch","lax","intermittent","enthusiastic","strict","passionate","lapsed"],
	fieldH: ["follower of","adherent of","believer in","communicant of","worshipper of","devotee of"],
	fieldI: ["the Church of the Witchspace Lobster","Pandromianism","Winslowism","the Church of the Giles","the Reformed Church of the Giles","the New Reformed Church of the Giles","the Revised Church of the Witchspace Lobster","Eight-Bit Adventurism","the Church of Chaos","Cataholicism","Pastafarianism","Lamianism"],
	fieldJ: ["killed","rescued","saved","apprehended","collected the bounty on","destroyed","was responsible for the death of"],
	fieldK: ["battle","defence","siege","second battle","third battle","fourth battle","auxiliary wing","reserve squadron","Guardians"],
	fieldL: ["was demobilised","was awarded the Bronze Star","was awarded the Silver Star","was awarded the Golden Star","reached the rank of Pilot Third Class","reached the rank of Pilot Second Class","reached the rank of Pilot First Class","was dishonourably discharged","was invalided out"],
	fieldM: ["rumours","several sources","reliable reports","reports","unconfirmed reports","persistent rumours"],
	fieldN: ["smuggling","control of the trade","the trade","the import","the export","monopolisation of the trade","price-fixing"],
	fieldO: ["refuses to comment","has issued a string of denials","has strongly denied this","neither confirms nor denies this"],
	fieldP: ["accomplishments","hobbies","interests","pastimes","enthusiasms","interests","recreations","passions"],
	fieldQ: ["mud tennis","zero-G hockey","zero-G cricket","zero-G karate","mud hockey","swamp rugby","big-game hunting","gyrospiders","racing gyrospiders","sundiving","astrobiology","quantum pool","shuggy","eating","fine dining","drinking","poetry","combat poetry","archaeology","collective harmony","group whistling","pigbaiting","classic starships","Texeonis Fold'em","Four-Way Pellery"],
	fieldR: ["shadowy","quasi-legal","semi-legal","fabled","supposed","illegal","pan-species","banned","forbidden","prohibited"],
	sentences: ["@W, a @h, is the 1 of @i. @n first shipped on board the 2 [CCL_NamesShips] as a 3, serving under Commander @F for 4 years before gaining command of the 2 [CCL_NamesShips]. @n is a 5 member of the @F +6, based out of @S, and is a 7 8 9. A veteran of the {2 of @S, @n 3 }4 years ago. +{4 link @n with 5 of @Z: @n 6. @n's 7 are listed as '8 and 8'. ","@W, a @h and 1 of @i, is a survivor of the {2 of @S. @n converted to }9 following 4 years as a 3 on board the 2 [CCL_NamesShips] under Commander @F. +{4 suggest @n is a }7 member of the {9 @S +}6, although @n {6. Recently, @n 1 @W, following the destruction of the }2 [CCL_NamesShips].","@W, a @h, {3 after seeing action in the 2 of @S. A one-time }8 9, @n's obsession with {8 resulted in expulsion }4 years ago. Whilst serving under Commander @F as a 3 on board the 2 [CCL_NamesShips], @n {1 @W, a @h and a }5 member of the {9 @S }6.","A 7 8 9, @W - a @h - is 1 of @i. With a list of {7 which includes 8, it is perhaps surprising that 4 link @n with 5 of @Z, especially considering that @n 3 after surviving the 2 of @S.","@W, a @h, {1 @F, a }3 on board the 2 [CCL_NamesShips], 4 years ago. @n is listed as a 8 9, although @n {6. It is widely supposed that @n's skill at 8 has assured }5 membership of the [CCL_NamesOther] +6, based out of @S."],
},
Samples:
Jeffrey Talamir, a human colonial, was dishonourably discharged after seeing action in the reserve squadron of Atrabiin. A one-time follower of Cataholicism, Talamir's obsession with group whistling resulted in expulsion many years ago. Whilst serving under Commander Winston as an engineer on board the Anaconda The Old Dolphin, Talamir destroyed Hudley Hotmountain, a human colonial and a subscribing member of the quasi-legal Teaatis group.
Buster Garrisby, a bug-eyed frog, apprehended Drew, a deckhand on board the starship The Merciful Mind, many years ago. Garrisby is listed as a follower of the Reformed Church of the Giles, although Garrisby refuses to comment. It is widely supposed that Garrisby's skill at zero-G cricket has assured long-standing membership of the Foster Thersby Group, based out of Inera.
Ted Lyrburr, a human colonial, is the master and commander of The Predominant Tsunami. Lyrburr first shipped on board the starship The Jade Fullness as a deckhand, serving under Commander Eben for seven years before gaining command of the Moray Starboat The Heart's Lord. Lyrburr is a sometime member of the Nestor Circle, based out of Diusreza, and is an intermittent worshipper of Eight-Bit Adventurism. A veteran of the siege of Sotiqu, Lyrburr was invalided out several years ago. Unconfirmed reports link Lyrburr with the export of Blanching Brain's Tongue Teaser: Lyrburr neither confirms nor denies this. Lyrburr's passions are listed as 'quantum pool and pigbaiting'.

This has to go in the game! Genious! I had a good laugh :D
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

It needs broken up more, I think, into separate biographical fragments, which can then be assembled as needed (and of course most biographies will only use some of the pieces, which would increase the variety).

We could have things like (some of these are used above, and can be expanded as required):
  • Early years information (first job, first ship, first command)
  • Military service
  • Religious affiliation
  • Membership of guilds, clubs, syndicates etc.
  • Political affiliation (some major and minor political blocs could include: Corporatist; Democratist; Federalist; Communist; Militarist; Monarchist; Anarchist; Northist; Southist; Eastist; Westist; Revanchist; Imperialist; Spartacist; Populist (Big-Tent and Little-Tent); Stoicist; Pluralist; etc.)
  • Sporting affiliations/achievements
  • Artistic/cultural achievements
  • Notable kills
  • Notable rescues
  • Brushes with the Law
  • Rumours
  • Hobbies/pastimes
If it's possible to know the Commander's gender, then it gets easier to stitch sections together by the occasional use of "he/she", "his/her" etc. instead of having to repeat the surname all the time.
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Exactly, and your samples highlighted how good CCL PhraseGen is - the complexity of that stuff is amazing, and it's all just Svengali tweaking a poem generator.

Allow me to join the chorus of people saying it's brilliant while I ponder the Detectors because I'd really like to see the Elite status of some pilots...
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

I wonder if a Planet Text Generator on this CCL base could be built. It would make generating the Famous Planets Texts that are fun and interesting a lot faster.

How is this phrase generator linked to the game currently?
I tested the tool myself with the bios code and it is excellent. :D
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

pagroove wrote:
I wonder if a Planet Text Generator on this CCL base could be built. It would make generating the Famous Planets Texts that are fun and interesting a lot faster.

How is this phrase generator linked to the game currently?
I tested the tool myself with the bios code and it is excellent. :D
The phrase generator is just an OXP, more precisely part of Cabal Common Library OXP.
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Looked through cim's documentation of the way comms are now handled by Oolite 1.79 and it looks spiffy. I've also looked through descriptions.plist, since the code pulls all comms from there.
I wonder how to plug all this neato stuff above into descriptions.plist so that it can be accessed by the in-game comms.

Still thinking of making a mini-OXP which would show ship.accuracy as the pilot's Elite rating, somewhat similar to Bounty Scanner OXP...
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Zireael wrote:
I wonder how to plug all this neato stuff above into descriptions.plist so that it can be accessed by the in-game comms.
Not easily as it's currently set up. descriptions.plist isn't quite flexible enough to duplicate all the things CCL PhraseGen does - specifically, reusing the same randomly chosen item at multiple points. The planet descriptions generator is probably at the edge of the complexity it still makes sense to do with descriptions.plist expansion.

What I could do is let you specify functions as the comms key values as well as strings, and if it's a function, it gets called with the params to do whatever it wants to construct a comms message, rather than expandDescription being called with a string and the params.
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

cim wrote:
Zireael wrote:
Not easily as it's currently set up. descriptions.plist isn't quite flexible enough to duplicate all the things CCL PhraseGen does - specifically, reusing the same randomly chosen item at multiple points. The planet descriptions generator is probably at the edge of the complexity it still makes sense to do with descriptions.plist expansion.

What I could do is let you specify functions as the comms key values as well as strings, and if it's a function, it gets called with the params to do whatever it wants to construct a comms message, rather than expandDescription being called with a string and the params.
That's a good idea. For vanilla, the function might still use expandDescription, and for this stuff, I'd make an OXP which uses CCL PhraseGen instead.
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

I actually think all Pilots should have to carry/buy One tonne of food at each station , Its all very well having to refuel at each station , but the Pilots would presumably need to eat and it's a heck of a long time between gal cop stations. Or maybe as one refuels , perhaps a top up of provisions in some way for a nominal fee. :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Duggan wrote:
the Pilots would presumably need to eat and it's a heck of a long time between gal cop stations.
Well.. it's only three days between stations, tops.. but it would take well over a year to chew your way through a tonne of food! Even if you ate 2.75 kg a day :shock: it would last you a year.. :lol:

I figure the pilots eat at bars and restaurants while at the station, and their own ships probably carry provisions to last a month or two at most. Travel time from one corner of the chart to the diagonally opposite corner is only on the order of a couple of months..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

These are great :D but just a small caution here which may have more to do with personal taste (and I appreciate that the above was just a demo anyway) so feel free to ignore...

The longer ones can be great once in a while but if they become commonplace then they lose something IMHO.
Disembodied wrote:
It needs broken up more, I think, into separate biographical fragments, which can then be assembled as needed (and of course most biographies will only use some of the pieces, which would increase the variety).
Yep, that's what I'm getting at...

I suppose if we compare it to the planet descriptions then I like the fact that there's the odd one liner,
"This planet is a tedious place",
then there's those with just a little more detail,
"The planet Tiinlebi is most noted for the Tiinlebiian mountain slug and its inhabitants' exceptional loathing of food blenders",
and then there's those made longer by the likes of famous planets (and to good effect :) )

Variety is the spice of life and all that but part of that comes from not just the details but sometimes by their absence too (or at least that's how it seems to me).

As I said, feel free to ignore and carry on with what's already looking very promising :D
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Redspear - thanks for the kind words. More ideas forthcoming (I've taken a good look at Oolite's descriptions.plist and most of these could stand to be more varied) and I hope the kind Admiral improves the comms code so that we can plug these treasures more or less painlessly.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

A bit more phun with PhraseGen (with loads of room for expansion):

CCL_BioExtended:{
	fieldA: ["the last two","the last three","the last four","the last five","the last six","the last seven","the last eight","several","many"],
	fieldB: ["rumours","several sources","reliable reports","reports","unconfirmed reports","persistent rumours"],
	fieldC: ["refuses to comment","has issued a string of denials","has strongly denied this","neither confirms nor denies this"],
	fieldD: [],
	fieldE: [],
	fieldF: [],
	fieldG: [],
	fieldH: [],
	fieldI: [],
	fieldJ: [],
	fieldK: [],
	fieldL: [],
	fieldM: [],
	fieldN: [],
	fieldO: [],
	fieldP: [],
	fieldQ: [],
	fieldR: [],
	sentences: ["@W, a @h, [CCL_BioEarly].","[CCL_BioNickname], @W - a @h - [CCL_BioEarly].","@W, a @h - [CCL_BioNickname] - [CCL_BioEarly].","@W, a @h, [CCL_BioEarly]. @n's [CCL_BioHobby].","[CCL_BioNickname], @W - a @h - [CCL_BioEarly]. @n's [CCL_BioHobby].","@W, a @h - [CCL_BioNickname] - [CCL_BioEarly]. @n's [CCL_BioHobby].","@W, a @h, [CCL_BioEarly]. @n is a [CCL_BioReligion].","@W, a @h, [CCL_BioEarly]. @n is a [CCL_BioReligion], and a [CCL_BioClub].","[CCL_BioNickname], @W - a @h - [CCL_BioEarly]. @n is a [CCL_BioReligion].","@W, a @h - [CCL_BioNickname] - [CCL_BioEarly]. @n is a [CCL_BioReligion].","[CCL_BioNickname], @W - a @h - [CCL_BioEarly]. @n is a [CCL_BioReligion], and a [CCL_BioClub].","@W, a @h - [CCL_BioNickname] - [CCL_BioEarly]. @n is a [CCL_BioReligion], and a [CCL_BioClub].","@W, a @h, [CCL_BioEarly]. For 1 years, 2 suggest @n [CCL_BioRumour].","@W, a @h, [CCL_BioEarly]. For 1 years, 2 suggest @n [CCL_BioRumour]. @n 3.","@W, a @h - [CCL_BioNickname] - [CCL_BioEarly]. @n is a [CCL_BioReligion], and a [CCL_BioClub]. The Commander [CCL_BioMilitary]. @n's [CCL_BioHobby]. For 1 years, 2 suggest @n [CCL_BioRumour]. @n 3.","@W [CCL_BioMilitary]. A @h, and [CCL_BioClub], @n is [CCL_BioNickname]. The Commander's [CCL_BioHobby]. For 1 years, 2 suggest @n [CCL_BioRumour]. @n 3."],
},
	CCL_BioClub:{
	fieldA: ["junior","permanent","voting","subscribing","affiliated","non-voting","honorary","official","senior","paid-up"],
	fieldB: ["Traders'","Merchants'","Spacers'","Extra-planetary","Travellers'","Dealers'","Brokers'","Deep-space","Witchspace","Wormhole","Furtraders'","Fine Wines","Rockhoppers'","Sungrazers'","Coriolis","Old Spacers'","Old Merchants'","Old Traders'","Gold-Traders'","Gold-Merchants'","Miners'","Metal-Dealers'","Pilots'","Starship","Haulers'"],
	fieldC: ["guild","commonwealth","co-prosperity","collective","organisation","trust","co-operative","circle","society","club"],
	sentences: ["1 member of the 2 +3","member of the 2 +3"],
},
	CCL_BioEarly:{
	fieldA: ["apprentice","deckhand","cook","slave","bonded crewhand","engineer","navigator","swabbie","scutter","cargo-loader","pod-hauler","labourer","bonded labourer","freelancer","junior engineer","junior navigator","assistant","assistant cook","assistant deckhand","assistant engineer","assistant navigator","roughneck","roustabout","steward","assistant steward","under-steward","junior scutter","scutter's assistant","assistant medic","steward's apprentice","supercargo","junior supercargo","purser","purser's assistant","junior swabbie","swabbie's assistant","apprentice navigator","copilot"],
	fieldB: ["reaching","attaining","winning","achieving","earning","taking","receiving"],
	fieldC: ["finally","eventually","at long last","quickly","rapidly","swiftly","before","prior to"],
	fieldD: ["Python","Boa","Boa Cruiser","Moray","Cobra III","Anaconda"],
	fieldE: ["Mamba","Krait","Adder","Cobra I","Gecko","Moray","Shuttle","Transporter","Sidewinder","Python","Worm","Asp II"],
	sentences: ["first crewed as a 1 on the 4 @i","first served as a 1 on the 4 @i","first shipped as a 1 on the 4 @i","first took a position as a 1 on the 4 @i","first crewed as a 1 on the 4 @i under Commander @F","first served as a 1 on the 4 @i under Commander @F","first shipped as a 1 on the 4 @i under Commander @F","first took a position as a 1 on the 4 @i under Commander @F","first crewed as a 1 on the 4 @i, 3 2 command of the 5 [CCL_NamesShips]","first served as a 1 on the 4 @i, 3 2 command of the 5 [CCL_NamesShips]","first shipped as a 1 on the 4 @i, 3 2 command of the 5 [CCL_NamesShips]","first took a position as a 1 on the 4 @i, 3 2 command of the 5 [CCL_NamesShips]","first crewed as a 1 on the 4 @i under Commander @F, 3 2 command of the 5 [CCL_NamesShips]","first served as a 1 on the 4 @i under Commander @F, 3 2 command of the 5 [CCL_NamesShips]","first shipped as a 1 on the 4 @i under Commander @F, 3 2 command of the 5 [CCL_NamesShips]","first took a position as a 1 on the 4 @i under Commander @F, 3 2 command of the 5 [CCL_NamesShips]"],
},
	CCL_BioHobby:{
	fieldA: ["accomplishments","hobbies","interests","pastimes","enthusiasms","interests","recreations","passions"],
	fieldB: ["mud tennis","zero-G hockey","zero-G cricket","zero-G karate","mud hockey","swamp rugby","quantum pool","shuggy","Texeonis Fold'em","Four-Way Pellery","Fox In A Box","Chess","Enochian Chess","Go","Mah-jongg","the six-stringed zither","the accordion","the upright banjo","the chitaronne","the hongramonium","the nose-flute","the bassoon","the electrocello","counter-rotational music","the theremin","the half-back guitar"],
	fieldC: ["mud tennis","zero-G hockey","zero-G cricket","zero-G karate","mud hockey","swamp rugby","combat football","gyrospider racing","edged-weapon combat","unarmed combat"],
	fieldD: ["big-game hunting","sundiving","astrobiology","eating","fine dining","drinking","poetry","combat poetry","archaeology","collective harmony","group whistling","pigbaiting","classic starship engineering","creative theology","cosmology","cosmography","watercolour painting","reading","writing","calligraphy","scrimshaw","n-dimensional mathematics","crossword puzzles"],
	fieldE: ["at the same time","simultaneously","but not at the same time","whenever I can","if I can find the time","wherever I can","but not simultaneously","simultaneously or otherwise"],
	sentences: ["1 include 3 and 4","1 include playing 2","1 include watching 3, and playing 2","1 include 4 and playing 2","1 include 4 and 3","1 are listed as '3 and 4'","1 are listed as 'watching 3, and playing 2'","1 are listed as '4 and playing 2'","1 are listed as '4 and 3'","1 are listed as '4 and 3 - 5'"],
},
	CCL_BioMilitary:{
	fieldA: ["front-line pilot","scout","courier","signaller","outrider","sergeant","engineer","cook","marine","medic"],
	fieldB: ["Auxiliaries","Reserves","Guardians","Patrol","Defenders","Defence Force","Squadron","Brigade","Battalion","Division"],
	fieldC: ["battle","defence","siege","first battle","second battle","third battle","fourth battle","pirate invasion of","Thargoid invasion of"],
	fieldD: ["was demobilised after","was awarded the Bronze Star after","was awarded the Silver Star after","was awarded the Golden Star after","reached the rank of Pilot Third Class after","reached the rank of Pilot Second Class after","reached the rank of Pilot First Class after","was dishonourably discharged after","was invalided out after","was rescued after","was mentioned in despatches following","was accused of cowardice following","was threatened with court-martial following","was cited for gallantry following","was listed as a reservist at","retired from active duty after","received the Imperial Medal after","saw action in","took part in","participated in","fought at","was part of the mopping-up action after","fought on the front line at","received a Navy Commendation after"],
	sentences: ["served in the @S 2","served as a 1 in the @S 2","served in the @S 2 as a 1","served in the @S 2 during the 3 of @s","served as a 1 in the @S 2 during the 3 of @s","served in the @S 2 during the 3 of @s as a 1","saw action in the @S 2","saw action as a 1 in the @S 2","saw action in the @S 2 during the 3 of @s","saw action as a 1 in the @S 2 during the 3 of @s","4 the 3 of @S"],
},
	CCL_BioNickname:{
	fieldA: ["Bangtail","Flithatch","Pressbutton","Stop Thief!","Bar-the-door","Nosepatch","Numpty","Chuckles","Pothook","Potluck","Armchair","Soupspoon","Corky","Biffo","Littlenose","Backscratch","Shufflebottom","Bluff-the-pot","Firetail","Brushoff","Chutney","Itchy","Scratchy","Turnabout","Bobblehat","Sit-and-knit","Toothless","Two-sheds","Chopknuckle","Pickaback","Stickleback","Two-shoes","Pigblossom","Two-eyes","Curtains","Presto","Bonzo","Doo-dah","Diddley","Deadeye","Coldhand","Coldlaser","Chilly","Checksum","Eight-bit","Crapshoot","Crowbar","Collywobble","Beanfeast","Bingo","Oofy","Dinnertime","Lunchtime","Dinnergong","Curly","Slaphead","Slapshot","Clutterbuck","Aces","Doubles","Double-trouble","Handfast","Jump-the-gate","Kiss-the-Witch","Cropcutter","Castaway","Bad Call","Bad News","Bad Weather","Cutter","Chopper","Toecutter","Jumpy","Booster","Retro","Crambone","Dithers","Crufts","Shinbone","Fankle","Crank","Custard","Digger","Dig-dog","Fishwick","How-much","Front-end","Back-end","Saints-preserve-us","Forfeits","Consequences","Drummer","Chipper","Cheese","Cheeser","Cheeseboard","Coffin-drop","Longway","Shortcut","Pressboard","Flatiron","Oilslick","Whistler","Twiddlethumb","Tweedledum","Tweedledee","Flibbertigibbet","Pantaloons","Dress-code","Croutons","Frosty","Game-over","Clipboard","Dustside","Dartboard","Mother","Pops","Capability","Pon-my-honour","Yerhonour","Lugless","Legless","Coldsoup","Chickenfeed","Chickenfoot","Whistle-for-me","Leisure-suit","Safari-suit","Vacpac","Welder","Spotweld","Rivets","Knuckles","Kneebone","Pipeline","Coffin-dodger","Airpipe","Blowhole","Eat-em-all","Coolhand","Bullhammer","Slingshot","Orbits","Shindig","Sharpshot","Full-house","Bignose","Ropetrick","Snuggles","Rummy","Chopalot","Proper-job","Steady-on","Jiggles","Giggles","Reraise","Wrong-way","Roundabout","Gadabout","Yo-yo","Sez-you","Neckbrace","Cutitorf","Banjo","Hardhat","Hardhead","Incoming!","Tokamak","Flipside","Slipway","Steamboat","Showboat","Chip-shop","Shambles","Shopaholic","Carry-out","Cash-only","O.T.T.","Upsadaisy","Tootles","Toots","Smashem","Wigwarmer","Twist-my-arm","Big-win","Find-the-Lady","Shady","Clueless","Corks","Biter","Smash-and-grab","Feckless","Whipstop","Clanks","Thankless","Timewaster","Teastrainer","Teastain","Eyestrain","Earache","Backache","Gravy","Raiser","Potluck","Tchotchke","Good-to-go","Teatime","Suppertime","Summertime","Winterkill","Hambone","Rawhead","Gonzo","Rearview","Walk-it-in","Shuttledrop","Heatshields","Sunskimmer","Moonshine","Pudding","Head-the-ball","Lock-and-load","Fluffy","Prickles","Preview","Freeload","Squelch","Oddbod","Oddjob","Barcode","Parsnips","Mophead","Civvies","Pointless","Hoo-hah","Shivers","Jellybean","Ketchup","Never-never","Butterfingers","Strike-me-dead","Strike-a-light","Wottalot","Kiss-and-tell","Quick-flip","Jogalong","Hopalong","Flashback","Over-under","Half-a-cup","Empties","Runalong","Runabout","Rootless","Bootless","One-shot","Shipshape","Slipknot","Bad-beat","Walkabout","Raffles","Forty-winks","Breather","Trotters","Brimstone","Scratcher","Deuces","Haircut","Hatstand","Biscuits","Popgun","Spanners","Sparky","Beezer","Any-two","Near-enough","Trousers","Pockets","Sideslip","Dirtside","Scooper","Scrapper","Rockhopper","Snorer","Scuttlebutt","Hammerhead","Huggy","Puggy","Shifty","Pigbag","Swoggles","Stripey","Hotpot","Teapot","Spare-a-bit","Scarecrow","Buyback","Moonwalker","Clockwork","Tick-tock","Shoehorn","Soapy","Four-flush","Zoinks","Banananose","Flatfoot","Hoopla","Hulahoop","Loop-de-loop","Badwater","Boxcars","Snakeoil","Toploader","Price-is-right","Roundup","Hee-haw","Havers","Blethers","Bletherskite","Stir-the-pot","Necktie","Bootlace","Boots","Burgoo","Brummagem","Bigears","Fifty-fifty","Spacelanes","Dock-and-lock","Spinwise","Buttons","Stickshift","Fleabag","Feedback","Hatless","Hopeless","Chickenlegs","Brushoff","Wait-and-see","Over-under","Turnabout","Neck-or-nothing","Spotlight","Tumblehome","Rollover","Podfodder","Previous","Twitcher","Chancer","Half-a-chance","Upside","Topside","Milkrun","Deadshot","Barnyard","Farmer","Ditchwater","Bilgewater","Croaker","Miseryguts","Cheapside","Starscraper","Sniffles","Scruffy","Pigtail","Oddball","Tagalong","Never-better","Buckets","Typo","Zipclip","Hushup","Regrettable","Roustabout","Sneezy","Wheezy","Bones","Foghorn","Softly-softly","Barker","Jammy","Skiver","Shorty","Lofty","Smudger","Sawbones","Naptime","Patience","Leggit","Fatty","Doc","Loopy","Sunbeam","Overboard","Ripcord","Remlok","Radar","Scanners","Witchdrive","Witchspace","Jinky","Hitcher","Hawkeye","Stinker","Boiler","Flashback","Ginger","Squeaky","Bandy"],
	fieldB: ["monkey","ox","fox","buffalo","goat","crow","eagle","hawk","dove","falcon","raven","dog","cat","hound","lion","tiger","dragon","fish","salmon","trout","pelican","albatross","stork","snipe","jaguar","puma","panther","leopard","bison","bee","wasp","ant","mantis","butterfly","lizard","serpent","saint","messenger","scout","sasquatch","phoenix","rat","mouse","moth","spider","lynx","scorpion","cuckoo","bird","goblin","frog","toad","octopus","dolphin","porpoise","seahorse","swordfish","manta","carp","mongoose","squirrel","pig","hog","weevil","mosquito","hornet","buzzard","sparrow","kiwi","turtle","oyster","conger","alligator","antelope","armadillo","axolotl","baboon","bandicoot","bobcat","bullfrog","caribou","cayman","cheetah","cougar","crocodile","dragonfly","eel","ferret","gazelle","gnu","gopher","gorilla","grasshopper","hellbender","hyena","locust","mole","newt","ocelot","otter","pangolin","prawn","rabbit","shrew","shrimp","tarantula","termite","terrapin","walrus","warthog","wolf","wolverine","auk","gannet","jackdaw","magpie","nightingale","owl","shrike","swan","camel","corbie","cormorant","crab","heron","sundog","weasel","whale","wyvern","kitten","rover","wanderer","wayfarer","traveller","ranger","fool","joker","trickster","clown","beggar","vagabond","preacher","drifter","nomad","tramp","hobo","poet","bard","troubador","alchemist","philosopher","crustacean","trucker","lugger","hauler","slug","snail","pedlar","tinker","huckster","hawker","comrade","anarchist","amphibian","avian","bird","insect","arthropod","lobster","feline","mammal","reptile","pioneer","mariner","ambassador","gastronome","gourmet","scholar","sage","savant","servant","fiddler","artiste","acrobat","advocate","martyr","aristocrat","arriviste","prospector","mooncalf","engineer","ascetic","imp","doctor","contrabandista","libertine","governor","pachyderm","creature","critter","orator","soothsayer","angler","trawler","trumble","skimmer","pixie","maestro","entrepreneur","gadfly","dilettante","runabout","metamorph","artist","miser","courier","juggler","jongleur","rapscallion","rascal","rogue","reprobate","daredevil","skipper","bigwig","tycoon","mogul","honcho","magnate","thespian","explorer","trailblazer","pathfinder","apprentice","cyborg","parrot","academic","panda","stoat","cuttlefish","squid","langoustine","rodent","otter","badger","virtuoso","professor"],
	fieldC: ["old","big","little","big old","little old"],
	sentences: ["known to friends as '1'","known to friends as '+3 1'","known to friends as 'the 3 2'","known to friends as 'the 2'","known to close friends as '1'","known to close friends as '+3 1'","known to close friends as 'the 3 2'","known to close friends as 'the 2'","known to friends and family alike as '1'","known to friends and family alike as '+3 1'","known to friends and family alike as 'the 3 2'","known to friends and family alike as 'the 2'","known to colleagues as '1'","known to colleagues as '+3 1'","known to colleagues as 'the 3 2'","known to colleagues as 'the 2'","known in ports across the sector as '1'","known in ports across the sector as '+3 1'","known in ports across the sector as 'the 3 2'","known in ports across the sector as 'the 2'","sometimes called '1'","sometimes called '+3 1'","sometimes called 'the 3 2'","sometimes called 'the 2'","sometimes known as '1'","sometimes known as '+3 1'","sometimes known as 'the 3 2'","sometimes known as 'the 2'","sometimes referred to as '1'","sometimes referred to as '+3 1'","sometimes referred to as 'the 3 2'","sometimes referred to as 'the 2'","often called '1'","often called '+3 1'","often called 'the 3 2'","often called 'the 2'"],
},
	CCL_BioReligion:{
	fieldA: ["self-described","staunch","lax","intermittent","enthusiastic","strict","passionate","lapsed","occasional","part-time","reluctant","keen","serious"],
	fieldB: ["follower of","adherent of","believer in","communicant of","worshipper of","devotee of","disciple of"],
	fieldC: ["the Church of the Witchspace Lobster","Pandromianism","Winslowism","the Church of the Giles","the Reformed Church of the Giles","the New Reformed Church of the Giles","the First Church of Giles","the Revised Church of the Witchspace Lobster","Eight-Bit Adventurism","the Church of Chaos","Cataholicism","Pastafarianism","Lamianism","the Temple of Law","the Cosmic Balance","the Cosmic Egg","the Great Panjandrum","the Hale Jingbang","Pantheism","Pantechnicism","Pantocratism","Syncretism","Reformed Syncretism","Randomianism"],
	sentences: ["1 2 3","2 3","1 2 [CCL_NamesGods]","2 [CCL_NamesGods]"],
	custom: [0xc0002,"Captain Illych Bartok"],
},
	CCL_BioRumour:{
	fieldA: ["the smuggling of","the illicit trade in","the control of the trade of","the trade of","the import of","the export of","the monopolisation of the trade in","the price-fixing of"],
	fieldB: ["shadowy","quasi-legal","semi-legal","fabled","supposed","illegal","pan-species","banned","forbidden","prohibited"],
	fieldC: ["network","society","guild","syndicate","conglomerate","corporation","clan","collective","organisation","bloodline","circle","ring","group"],
	fieldD: ["has connections to","has connections with"],
	fieldE: ["involved with","involved in","implicated in"],
	fieldF: ["owes allegiance to","is a member of","is a key member of","is the leader of"],
	fieldG: ["is involved with","is involved in","is implicated in"],
	fieldH: ["has been involved with","has been involved in","is connected to","has participated in"],
	fieldI: ["secret","covert","undercover","top secret"],
	fieldJ: ["missions","tests","trials","weapons testing","engine testing","shield testing","courier runs","cargo runs","supply runs"],
	fieldK: ["the Co-operative","a Corporate alliance","the Navy","GalCop","a scientific foundation","an unnamed shipbuilder","an unnamed corporation"],
	sentences: ["7 1 @Z","4 1 @Z","4 a 3 5 1 @Z","4 a 2 3 5 1 @Z","6 a 3 5 1 @Z","6 a 2 3 5 1 @Z","8 9 {1 for 2","8 9 {1 for a }2 3"],
},
(Edit: apologies for the horizontal scrolling - not my idea!)