[RELEASE] Energy Bomb OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

[RELEASE] Energy Bomb OXP

Post by cim »

Changes made in the pre-release 1.79 to the way primable equipment works mean that to get an energy bomb to work in that version needs a slightly different implementation to the OXP currently out there for 1.77.x

This release of the OXP is compatible with both 1.77(.1) and future versions: Energy Bomb OXP (also available through the expansion pack manager in 1.80 onwards)

If you are using the previous Energy Bomb OXP provided by Capt. Murphy, and wish to keep using Energy Bombs in future Oolite versions, then you should upgrade to this OXP before those future Oolite versions are released.
Last edited by cim on Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Energy Bomb OXP

Post by JazHaz »

Cool. I do still use the energy bomb. Got swamped with pirates the other day and fired it to get them off my back when also a Thargoid appeared. Still nearly died.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

The advantage of this one is that the player can tweak the script a bit. Default is: "player.ship.dealEnergyDamage(1000,25600,0);", but for your own purpose you can make it a bit stronger. :twisted:

And probably there should be a 1/500 change that an npc has this bomb on board instead of a missile. Only available to the player wouldn't be fair. :mrgreen:
metatheurgist
Competent
Competent

Post by metatheurgist »

Eric Walch wrote:
And probably there should be a 1/500 change that an npc has this bomb on board instead of a missile. Only available to the player wouldn't be fair. :mrgreen:
What's fair got to do with it? They get to travel in packs and I'm just one guy. They also get to hit me with 5 ecm hardened missiles at the same time. And certain ships with multiple guns travelling in packs can hit me with the equivalent of 20 beam weapons simultaneously. Fair? HA! :P
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

"And probably there should be a 1/500 change that an npc has this bomb on board instead of a missile. Only available to the player wouldn't be fair. "

NPCebomb is the oxp you want, those blighters set one off just about every 5 fights. also the npcs use the q bomb, especially on bounty hunting excursions. I have a lot of fights where I am facing a posse of 25+ offenders and fugitives all hell bent to eliminate me. I have shown screen shots here when the space around me is literally orange with laser beams before I pull out the old widow maker. :lol:
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.