auto_eject OXP v1.1 now available

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: auto_eject.oxp now available

Post by Cody »

cim wrote:
Cody wrote:
(Energy is a floating-point value, so you can survive being reduced to 0.00000001 energy, and this will look like empty energy banks)
Ah... thanks, cim. I call it a good firefight if I survive it on zero (apparent) energy.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: auto_eject OXP v1.1 now available

Post by Commander McLane »

V1.1 of the OXP is now online on the [EliteWiki] Wiki.

Improvements:
  • The Auto Eject Module is now a primeable equipment, meaning that you can switch it OFF and ON during flight (press 'N' after selecting the equipment with 'SHIFT-N'). The default is ON.
  • You can now select between three different values for the activation threshold:
    • LOW = about 1/6 of your last energy bank
    • MEDIUM = about 1/3 of your last energy bank
    • HIGH = about 1/2 of your last energy bank
    (press 'B' to toggle between the three). The default is MEDIUM, which is identical to what the threshold was before.
Also, the Auto Eject Module is now correctly removed in case you sell your escape pod. Sorry, no refund for that, because it has become part of the escape pod itself.

Full information in the first post of the thread, and of course in the readMe. Enjoy! :D
vsfc
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by vsfc »

Excellent work Commander McLane!

Your little OXP did save my life! :D I was once at nice anarchy system and left station to do some bounty hunting. I spotted about 5 Fugitives / Offenders near the station. Shoot down a couple of them and when the second offender ship blow up my laser accidently hit the passing behind it viper cop. Oooops, SORRY, but FRAK! I became FUGUTIVE immediately! Two cops charged at me, I shoot them down including the rest of the Fugitives / Offenders in scanner range and any new attacking viper. After few mins of fighting like that I spotted about 5 new ships entered scanner range from outside and ALL of them charged at me! Felt like station called some outside help to get me down, pretty strong ships! I managed to shoot down two of them. My both shields were around 0, even though I still had enough energy, my ship was taking lots of HULL damage. At this moment I though it is a perfect time to test auto-eject module update and relaxed. :D Two seconds later I am auto-ejecting from the ship following with bright flash of light, I did not see it exactly if it was my ship or another laser hit as my ship was 90% off screen, but looks like it did vaporised. I ended up at the station with status FUGUTIVE! Can’t we have some like Ooops sorry moment? I did the cheat, loaded my last save. I do not know yet how to clear my status, and looks like my fighting near the station put pretty big bounty on my head. Another thing I spoted that my replaced ship had all damages remained as if my insurance company damaged everything in my replacement ship before giving it to me, seems like pretty crap insurance. :(

Back to my topic, module did a perfect job!

Thanks!
V-SFC
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Depending on what OXPs you have installed, there are a few ways to clear your status..
vsfc wrote:
Another thing I spoted that my replaced ship had all damages remained as if my insurance company damaged everything in my replacement ship before giving it to me, seems like pretty crap insurance. :(
This seems like a very good point.. a replacement ship should not come pre-damaged.. all equipment ought to be as-new.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Cody

Post by Cody »

Diziet Sma wrote:
This seems like a very good point.. a replacement ship should not come pre-damaged.. all equipment ought to be as-new.
That would be an exploit though - an easy way to avoid paying for very expensive repairs. If all kit came 'as new', the game would have to deduct all repair costs from the player's bank account - and some kit may not be fixable at whichever station you end-up at.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Cody wrote:
That would be an exploit though - an easy way to avoid paying for very expensive repairs. If all kit came 'as new', the game would have to deduct all repair costs from the player's bank account - and some kit may not be fixable at whichever station you end-up at.
That's true, although it does seem odd ... an alternative would be for the Escape Pod insurance to pay for a replacement ship, without any of the extras. That, though, might discourage people from using it at all – they might just decide to reload from saved. Or the Escape Pod could be made a bit more like an actual insurance policy, with regular premiums based on the cost of your ship and your equipment. There's a pretty narrow window at the moment where players have lots of expensive equipment but don't have the money to replace it if they lose it - a regular drain on the money supply could help the game by acting as a money sink, extending the period where earning money is actively important.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Disembodied wrote:
... an alternative would be for the Escape Pod insurance to pay for a replacement ship, without any of the extras.
I had thought of that, as it happens... but as you say, it'd discourage use of the escape pod.
Thing is with the insurance policy idea, the TL of the station the player ejects to is crucial.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Cody wrote:
Thing is with the insurance policy idea, the TL of the station the player ejects to is crucial.
True - although it's possible to eject in a system too backward to even provide a ship, technically speaking.

You could have different levels, with different premiums. The deluxe option would be a replacement ship, delivered to you, wherever you are, with all your equipment and cargo replaced too. The medium option could be you get a replacement ship, no cargo, with whatever bits of kit are locally available, and you have to go and collect the rest - it's still paid for, but you need to source it yourself. The minimum option would be a replacement ship, nothing else.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

I could see the replacement ship having no additional equipment being a "hard mode" game option. Death and reload from savegame would be preferable. :lol:
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Checking... nope... not in the E:D DDF forum talking about escape pods and insurance. :lol:

Wow! What a flashback.
vsfc
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by vsfc »

The other question is. Where are these 5 ships came from, that took me down? Look liked they were some sort of navy based ships, I did not have much time to check their identities and yes I do have lots of OXPs installed. I guess they may come from hunters or some other OXP.

What do you think about easing a game and adding 'Oooops, Sorry' moments similarly like in Galaxy on Fire game? You get some sort of warning and if you continue to fire on cops then yes you are marked...
vsfc
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by vsfc »

OK, after reading some wiki and manuals, given that no OXPs installed that alter the function of player status; I came up with following list of action to clear the status:
• Don’t fight with police or any clean status ship. RUN! Or do not return the fire and use manual docking to get into stations and dock fast.
• Keep jumping from system to system using fuel stations, solar scooping, or any bar or rock hermit locations, basically avoid docking main stations.
• Help police to fight Fugitives ones status is up from Fugitive.
• Go to the NAVI location to perform a duty to clean the status ones this is comes up.
• Jump to next galaxy

I know this list includes none-standard, none-core oolite actions, because I have some OXPs that add NAVI missions for fugitives to clean a status and some others. I definitely don’t have an OXP that keeps status if you jump galaxy.

I will be happy if someone could point to some discussions regarding this issue. :) I believe this post is off topic of current thread.
Cody

Post by Cody »

vsfc wrote:
... use manual docking to get into stations and dock fast.
Whilst doing that, if you frag the nav buoy and/or shoot-up the station - annoy them just enough - they'll fine you and make you clean-up after the lobstoids, or send you for attitude adjustment. All of which takes in-game time, of course - but your legal status will be cleansed!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Anarchies OXP also gives you a new way to clear your status.. :wink:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Anarchies OXP also gives you a new way to clear your status.. :wink:
More than one, in fact. :wink:

Also, Anarchies OXP is responsible in the first place for not clearing your status when you ejected. In vanilla Oolite using your escape pod is another way for becoming clean instantly. Anarchies OXP was specifically created for (a) closing this loophole and (b) providing a variety of—more expensive or more difficult or more exciting—ways of becoming clean. It's the whole purpose of the OXP. See [EliteWiki] the documentation.