Bug in Random Hits

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

iperich
Dangerous
Dangerous

Bug in Random Hits

Post by iperich »

Hi, I found what seems to be a bug in Random Hits. It's about the messages of revenge after I killed the target.

I have Oolite 1.77 in a Windows 8 system, with Random Hits 1.4.18

It happened to me twice, actually the only two times somebody wants to kill me for revenge. Is only in the "warning" message. When the guys attack, the name is ok.

PD: can I upload an image to the forum without upload it to some server/ link it?
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk"
(Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez)
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Bug in Random Hits

Post by Cody »

iperich wrote:
PD: can I upload an image to the forum without upload it to some server/ link it?
No - an image has to be hosted elsewhere and linked.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Looks like a bug reported here. It's fixed in RH 1.5.3. You can fix it yourself for an older version by editing the descriptions.plist file. Find the line reported in the bug report and add brackets around misbehaving text. If you edit the file, don't use notepad, it breaks the file.
Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Astrobe »

spara wrote:
Looks like a bug reported here. It's fixed in RH 1.5.3. You can fix it yourself for an older version by editing the descriptions.plist file. Find the line reported in the bug report and add brackets around misbehaving text. If you edit the file, don't use notepad, it breaks the file.
IIRC one should be careful with Wordpad too. It reads the file correctly, but silently converts it back to windows' line delimiters format upon save. It happened to me on XP system though.
FYI OP, the files are in mac/linux format in which newlines are marked with a single (invisible character), when Windows/DOS use two.

If you want to test an editor, do your modification on a copy of the file (or just make sure to backup the original file) with it, then open it again with notepad. If Notepad doesn't show linebreaks that's ok, otherwise it means it has been converted to the windows format.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I understand notepad++ is very good, so that might be worth getting. I actually use gedit, but many here use notepad++
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Smivs wrote:
I actually use gedit, but many here use notepad++
Likewise.. but if you'd like to try it out, Notepad++ runs quite well atop WINE.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Yeah, I should give it a go :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.