Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

What's with the Strawberry on the HUD?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Commander Uzi
Above Average
Above Average

What's with the Strawberry on the HUD?

Post by Commander Uzi »

OK.....I know the answer will make me say 'DUH' :oops: but for the life of me I cant figure out what the icon on the HUD (deepspaceHUD) that is above the scanner - it is a green dot over a wide V and the bottom bit is Green when docked & sometimes Green in flight but mostly is Red which makes it look like a Strawberry.

Also, I remember back in the original Elite, there was a battery that you could buy & the description was 'no other battery looks like it or lasts like it' what happened to it or have I just not seen it for sale yet?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: What's with the Strawberry on the HUD?

Post by cim »

Commander Uzi wrote:
OK.....I know the answer will make me say 'DUH' :oops: but for the life of me I cant figure out what the icon on the HUD (deepspaceHUD) that is above the scanner - it is a green dot over a wide V and the bottom bit is Green when docked & sometimes Green in flight but mostly is Red which makes it look like a Strawberry.
Fuel scoop icon. Red means your hold is full, green means you have space. If the scoop is currently active (either fuel or cargo) the icon will shimmer.

The other item sounds like the Extra Energy Unit's description in the original Elite Manual.
Elite Manual wrote:
An Extra Energy Unit may be fitted at planets of Tech level 8 or higher, and doubles the energy bank replenishment rate. This is the energy unit with the copper colored top. No other unit looks like it, or lasts like it.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

cim wrote:
Elite Manual wrote:
An Extra Energy Unit may be fitted at planets of Tech level 8 or higher, and doubles the energy bank replenishment rate. This is the energy unit with the copper colored top. No other unit looks like it, or lasts like it.
Sounds like a DOoracell battery :P
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Commander Uzi
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Commander Uzi »

cim wrote:
Commander Uzi wrote:
Fuel scoop icon. Red means your hold is full, green means you have space. If the scoop is currently active (either fuel or cargo) the icon will shimmer.

The other item sounds like the Extra Energy Unit's description in the original Elite Manual.
Elite Manual wrote:
Ahh......not such a 'DUH' moment after all. Thanks for the answer.

Got the battery upgrade already. I just remember the Duracel reference at the time made me laugh.

Cheers

Uzi,
Hans Olo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Hans Olo »

Smivs wrote:

Sounds like a DOoracell battery :P
:lol:
Star Gazer
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: North Norfolk, UK, (Average Agricultural, Feudal States,Tech Level 8)

Post by Star Gazer »

blarss me... wuts funny uboat DOoracell? Thuss how it said, innit?
Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes...